Question Newly built pc wont connect do tv or post

Apr 25, 2020

so I've just built a gaming pc for the first time and the pc turns on and all the fans and lights start working so I assume everything is working so I have connected the hdmi from the gpu to my Samsung TV and I get no signal.
Also the pc doesn't allow me to turn it off (I have to do it from the psu) can someone help me.

Do i have to have a monitor to do the boot up and post the motherboard I use is b450m ds3h also there is a yellow light on the motherboard not sure if that indicates anything

Apr 25, 2020

so I've just built a gaming pc for the first time and the pc turns on and all the fans and lights start working so I assume everything is working so I have connected the hdmi from the gpu to my Samsung TV and I get no signal.
Also the pc doesn't allow me to turn it off (I have to do it from the psu) can someone help me.

Do i have to have a monitor to do the boot up and post the motherboard I use is b450m ds3h also there is a yellow light on the motherboard not sure if that indicates anything

These are the specs

Evga 450br power supply B450m ds3h motherboard Geoforce gtx 1660 super Ryzen 5 2600 cpu Corsair 2x8gb vengeance