[SOLVED] Newly Built PC Won't Enter BIOS

Jan 14, 2021
Hey guys,

I just finished building a system (Ryzen 5 3600, Asus TUF x570, Gigabyte 2060, EVGA P2 750W) and was going to install windows on it but it won't let me get into BIOS. There are LED indicators on the Mobo and they cycle through (yellow - DRAM, red - CPU, white - GPU) and end up green (all good), but when it goes to POST the "Please press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS setting" doesn't work. The screen seems frozen. I've tried to reset my CMOS by taking out and putting back in the battery, but I don't have any other ideas.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks

Solution
Please also have a look at this Forum Guide. It offers a large variety of checklists for you to go through to cover all the basic issues first.

Hey guys,

I just finished building a system (Ryzen 5 3600, Asus TUF x570, Gigabyte 2060, EVGA P2 750W) and was going to install windows on it but it won't let me get into BIOS. There are LED indicators on the Mobo and they cycle through (yellow - DRAM, red - CPU, white - GPU) and end up green (all good), but when it goes to POST the "Please press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS setting" doesn't work. The screen seems frozen. I've tried to reset my CMOS by taking out and putting back in the battery, but I don't have any other ideas.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks
Keyboard doesn't react ? Try another USB2 port or wired KB if yours is wireless.

Jan 14, 2021
Keyboard doesn't react ? Try another USB2 port or wired KB if yours is wireless.
Keyboard starts lighting up, but there's not really a way for me to see if it "reacts" without pressing F2 or Del to enter BIOS, which the system won't do. I've tried front panel USBs and MoBo USBs, both give power and turn the keyboard on but still won't let me enter BIOS.

Please also have a look at this Forum Guide. It offers a large variety of checklists for you to go through to cover all the basic issues first.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS