[SOLVED] Newly built PC won't turn on at all

Nov 9, 2018
So I put together a PC including:

Asus z370-p
Intel i5 8600k
Corsair Venegance DDR4 8gb
550w coolermaster PSU

The PSU, hard drives and the case are old, everything else is new.

When i switch on the PSU (i/o) the mobo lights up but that's it. Power switch does absolutely nothing, no fans, not even a beep.

I rebuilt the whole thing last night and after that every time I switch the PSU on I get a cut out/circuit break (short circuit?).

What is happening, did I brake something already?

Solution
Well, usually coolermaster PSUs are not great quality units(can you specifiy the model of the PSU?). I would avoid them as much as possible.
Sounds like your old power supply is the culprit most likely here.
The first thing you should do is to swap your old PSU and test your system with a decent quality known working unit.
Well, usually coolermaster PSUs are not great quality units(can you specifiy the model of the PSU?). I would avoid them as much as possible.
Sounds like your old power supply is the culprit most likely here.
The first thing you should do is to swap your old PSU and test your system with a decent quality known working unit.

Solution
Nov 9, 2018
It's this one: http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/gx-series/gx-550w/
or if there's a older version of it could be also that. I originally got it from a shop that installed the thing for me so I wasn't there to pick it so I'm not sure of the model sadly, but it must be that one or something super similiar.

Thank you very much! Is is stupid to buy a recycled one?

Yeah it's an older model and a low quality unit... You should go for a new power supply.
Corsair CX450M will be enough, if you're thinking of upgrading the GPU in the future I' d go for a CX550M/CX650M or a Seasonic FOCUS Plus model.

Nov 9, 2018
So weird, the PSU was working just fine before i put it into this exact case and build. But yeah probably wise to get it changed anyway, thank you so much!