Build Advice Newly Built PC won't turn on

Mar 18, 2020
I have cross posted this elsewhere to try and find some solutions, but I haven't really had much luck. I will try and keep this brief.

I finally finished building my PC and was excited to set it up and install windows. I was going through my bios to make sure that everything was OK and then it randomly shut down. I went to try and power it back on and it wouldn't go. So here are a few details about it. Yesterday, it was working for about 2-3 minutes when I removed the CMOS battery for about 20 minutes, then it would start that process again. When I plug it in and turn the switch on, the motherboard lights up. When I hit the power button on my case, everything flashes for half a second and then shuts down, and the motherboard lights also go off. I haven't bothered taking the battery out because it's going to do the same thing so basically its a big paper weight right now. I feel like the PSU may not be enough, but I can't say for sure. I will leave the specs below.

i3 9100F

Asrock B365M Phantom Gaming 4

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (8x2)

RX570

WD Blue 550 250g

Corsair CX450M PSU

Kraken X53 CPU Cooler

Mar 18, 2020
Try going into bios and turn off multicore enhancement.
check cpu temp in bios? ram runn at the correct speed?
Appreciate the feedback, BIOS says that cpu temps are 35-37c, and ram is running at a lower frequency than it can be. I'll do some research to see if asrock has a multicore enhancement spot in their BIOS and see if its turned off, that is if I can get the computer to post today.

Mar 18, 2020
could be the mobo or psu
try resetting the bios?
Yep, I've taken the battery out and jumped it. Maybe it's the PSU because the mobo lights are staying on. But I checked the PSU yesterday with the paperclip and the fan was spinning. Maybe try a replacement mobo and a bigger PSU?

Mar 19, 2020
This might sound really stupid but unplug the PSU hold down the power button for 20 seconds and while you hold it down plug the PSU back in. I know it sounds dumb but that always fixed mine if it wouldn’t power on correctly

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS