Question Newly built Ryzen 3000 PC takes 60+ seconds to POST from cold boot

Mar 18, 2020
Hello everyone!
I recently built my first ever PC after like saving for 1 year. It was an amazing experience. But I'm having a problem with it.
Whenever I cold boot the PC, it takes 60+ seconds to POST and only then it gives the display output. The issue only comes when I cold boot it. When I restart the PC it turns on within 5 seconds and the windows load in another 8-10 seconds.
I've also noticed that the motherboard keeps switching between the CPU and DRAM debug LEDs when the system is taking time to boot.

What I have tried so far:
  • Borrowed new kit of memory and replaced it in my system
  • Cleared the CMOS
  • Checked all wire connections
  • Checked the Boot menu in BIOS
My System Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte B450 Auros Pro WiFi
2x8GB Trident Z RGB @3000mhz
Samsung 860 Evo 250GB
Asus ROG Strix 1650 Super
Aerocool 600watts 80+ bronze power supply

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 18, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
I forgot to mention that I had also updated the BIOS to the latest version. But it didn't fix the issue.

About the supported RAM list of my specific motherboard. It doesn't mention Trident Z RGB on the list. But I've seen many people who are using this RAM on my exact motherboard both, online and in person.

And the RAM which I borrowed from a friend was Corsair LPX DDR4@2600ish and Corsair LPX is in the list of supported memory modules.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello everyone!
I recently built my first ever PC after like saving for 1 year. It was an amazing experience. But I'm having a problem with it.
Whenever I cold boot the PC, it takes 60+ seconds to POST and only then it gives the display output. The issue only comes when I cold boot it. When I restart the PC it turns on within 5 seconds and the windows load in another 8-10 seconds.
I've also noticed that the motherboard keeps switching between the CPU and DRAM debug LEDs when the system is taking time to boot.

What I have tried so far:
  • Borrowed new kit of memory and replaced it in my system
  • Cleared the CMOS
  • Checked all wire connections
  • Checked the Boot menu in BIOS
My System Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte B450 Auros Pro WiFi
2x8GB Trident Z RGB @3000mhz
Samsung 860 Evo 250GB
Asus ROG Strix 1650 Super
Aerocool 600watts 80+ bronze power supply

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
You have very little control over the time in the BIOS. You could enable fastboot, but I don't recommend it.
How long is the time from the first Windows icon (spinning balls or window frame) to the login prompt ?

Mar 18, 2020
You have very little control over the time in the BIOS. You could enable fastboot, but I don't recommend it.
How long is the time from the first Windows icon (spinning balls or window frame) to the login prompt ?

I have tried enabling the Fast Boot but it didn't help. When I press the power button, it takes 62-65 seconds for the BIOS screen to appear. After that, the Windows logo appears and roughly 5 to 8 seconds after that, the windows load.