[SOLVED] Newly installed M.2

Dennis_98

Reputable
May 13, 2017
www.userbenchmark.com
Hi so I recently just installed my new M.2 drive and I have two other SSDs, one 128gb, and another 512gb and a hard drive in my rig. I did a clean reset of my PC because I wanted to have windows installed on my 128gb SSD and I put all my games on my 1TB M.2 and my 512GB SSD, and all the other programs on my 1TB hard drive. I ran into an issue with this because I did install windows on my 128GB SSD, but I wanted to change the default storage to my 1TB hard drive. For example, certain installations allow you to choose what drive you want to install the app, like steam and others don't like Google Chrome. When installing apps like Google Chrome, it automatically installs onto the drive that Windows is installed on. I want to have that default installation set to my Hard drive. I've tried changing the default storage through windows 10 to my hard drive, but it doesn't work. I also tried it by changing my registry with the currentfiles, it doesn't work because it kept giving me an error. So i decided to just allow Google Chrome to install on my 128GB SSD, but then when I tried installing GeForce Experience it gives me two different error codes error code 0x0001 and error code 0x0003. I've search these error codes and nothings work. On top of that my Nvidia Control Panel is messed up because when I try to change a setting in the 3D options it says access denied as if I am not the administrator of my PC. I also get a lot of access denied messages when I try uninstalling certain app or accessing other drives besides my C: drive. Is there a way for me to achieve this because I actually did it before with my old set up before installing the M.2, but I just don't remember how I did it.

Solution
  1. A 128GB is not recommended for the OS drive. Too small.
  2. Registry edits for trying to force everything to install to other drives can absolutely break things, as you have seen.
  3. Some things WILL install to the OS drive, no matter what you want them to do.

USAFRet

Titan
  1. A 128GB is not recommended for the OS drive. Too small.
  2. Registry edits for trying to force everything to install to other drives can absolutely break things, as you have seen.
  3. Some things WILL install to the OS drive, no matter what you want them to do.

Solution