Question Newly released Asus Geforce Nvidia RTX 3050 8GB GPU install leaves me with PCI error. Please help!

Jan 7, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I just installed my newly released RTX 3050 and went to Nvidia's site to retrieve the Geforce Experience and installed drivers that way. My GPU drivers seem fine, but I found a PCi error in Device Manager that I can't figure out. Prior to the GPU, I was using my onboard graphics on the AMD 7 5700G CPU just so you are aware. I researched this issue and there isn't much info, other than I believe the Vendor ID of 1022 is AMD and the Device ID 145A is that of a PCi. Also, I tried updating the drivers and that is a dead end too, as I can't find any to load. The following is what I found:

In device manager under "Other Devices" there is the PCi Device entry with an exclamation point over it. The "General" tab says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" Under the "Details" tab, I chose "HardwareID" and this is the info under that:
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145A&SUBSYS_88091043&REV_C8
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145A&SUBSYS_88091043
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145A&CC_130000
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145A&CC_1300

Can anyone help me with this please!

Jan 7, 2022
I did some more checking and took a chance on re-installing my AMD Chipset drivers, using AMD's auto detect feature. It came up with 6 drivers that needed to be added/updated, one of the being a PCi driver. I did this based on a one liner I saw in an internet search where someone mentioned that 1022 was Vendor ID AMD and it referenced the chipset being possibly in need of driver re-install. Anyway, I just wanted to add the fix in case anyone else runs into it. I am running the AMD 7 5700G on an ASUS B550 board and was setup to use onboard graphics until today, when I added dedicated GPU. I also uninstalled the AMD Radeon software package, as that was giving me a conflict message when I would try to launch it. It was due to adding the dedicated GPU.