Question Newly repaired Gigabyte mobo stops working again after installing latest BIOS update

Shiwakao

Reputable
Apr 2, 2016
So I have an issue with my PC. A couple months ago, it stopped being able to boot properly. I didn't update anything then. I brought it into a PC repair shop, and they told me that it was a problem with my motherboard, which is a Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro Wifi for my ITX build. I sent it back to Gigabyte to be repaired, and today, I got it back.

After putting my PC back together, it managed to boot, although I did get the error "Memory PMU Training error at Socket 0 Channel 1 DIMM 1", which I believe is a memory error, and sure enough, my PC told my I only had 1 RAM stick of 8GB. After installing any GPU updates, I thought a BIOS update could solve it, so I updated from, I think, F40 to F51 using Gigabyte's @bios utility, and as soon as I restarted it, the same issues from two months ago occurred: my CPU fan is constantly on max speed, the PC itself doesn't boot at all-I just get a black screen-and I can't use my power button to shut it down.

I'm thinking maybe the BIOS update caused it, but perhaps there is another defect part in my PC I was unaware of? I'm really not sure what to do now. I already tried clearing my CMOS to no avail, and there's none of those LED error codes from my mobo. If I could rollback my BIOS, or if there's any other suggestions at all, I'd be completely willing to try them.

Here's my build if it's any help: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hZ76cY

Shiwakao

Reputable
Apr 2, 2016
You sure it already had F40? Cause if older would there have been extra steps to take before updating to that one and later ones.
Yes, it did. I already knew since when I first built it last year, and the @bios utility confirmed it was still F40 when I tried updating it again. Since yesterday, I cleared the CMOS again, unplugged my CR2032 battery, and completely built the PC from scratch again, and I was able to get it to boot for a bit until it quickly went back to its usual problems again. I suppose I just got a bit lucky. My next resolve is to probably bring it to Microcenter just in case they might be able to find something, and either get any issues fixed or just buy a couple new parts and redo my rig.