News: RAID0 TRIM official with latest RST driver

garikfox

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
When the 11.5.0.1109 RST driver first came out they indicated that TRIM was not enabled with this driver but will be enabled in the next 11.5.x driver.

The next 11.5.x driver was just released and it is driver version 11.5.0.1149

Alot of people are wondering if this driver in fact does pass the TRIM command while using a RAID 0 array as noted in the previous release.

Well It does !, But it seems its only for Windows 8 since this driver makes the device a SCSI device and Win7 can not pass the TRIM command with a SCSI device but Win8 can.

I was looking inside the 11.5.0.1149 RST GUI Help button Icon and found this below :)

http://cdn.overclock.net/3/3e/3eaced8b_RTRIM.jpeg

FYI: It is recommended to use RAID OROM 11.5.0.1347 with this driver

I don't know, that jpeg you linked doesn't look to official to me. :)

I also copied the driver version you posted and pasted it into the search box on Intel's website and the results came up blank.

I wouldn't put to much faith in that being true. :)

garikfox

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
The drivers and OROM are located at station-drivers

And that picture was taking directly from a screenshot from my RST GUI ;)

The driver is listed as a Beta version on Station-drivers' website, not official.

I also clicked on the Release Notes .pdf next to the file and there's no mention of TRIM support at all.

garikfox

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
If you notice those are release notes for 11.1.x

Update: The 11.5.0.1149 driver is for Windows 8 since this driver makes the device a SCSI device and Win7 can not pass the TRIM command with a SCSI device but Win8 can.