steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hello,

Is there a way to hide a particular newgroup listing?

I have a 'community' computer and some of my groups

are not for childdren.

Thanks,

Steve

What could possibly be contained in a microsoft.public newsgroup that would
be offensive to children?.. even the hardware group only deals with hard
drives (oops) and floppy drives (oops), insertions of things like memory
sticks (oops).. :)

"Steve" <Steve@hello.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to hide a particular newgroup listing?
>
> I have a 'community' computer and some of my groups
>
> are not for childdren.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On 10/17/2004 2:09 PM Mike Hall spouted this bit of wisdom

> What could possibly be contained in a microsoft.public newsgroup that would
> be offensive to children?.. even the hardware group only deals with hard
> drives (oops) and floppy drives (oops), insertions of things like memory
> sticks (oops).. :)

It's not this newsgroup, it's my general newsgroups.

Steve

> "Steve" <Steve@hello.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Is there a way to hide a particular newgroup listing?
>>
>>I have a 'community' computer and some of my groups
>>
>>are not for childdren.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Steve

Hi,

Don't let everyone use the same profile.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Steve" <Steve@hello.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to hide a particular newgroup listing?
>
> I have a 'community' computer and some of my groups
>
> are not for childdren.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On 10/17/2004 2:14 PM Rick "Nutcase" Rogers spouted this bit of wisdom<br>

> Hi,
>
> Don't let everyone use the same profile.

That's an idea, but i'm still wondering if there is a way or program
that conceals certain newsgroups from the group list?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

Beyond unsubscribing and resubscribing everytime, no, there isn't.

--

"Steve" <Steve@hello.net>
wrote in news:OdkRNwItEHA.2808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to hide a particular newgroup listing?
>
> I have a 'community' computer and some of my groups
>
> are not for childdren.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

You posted in a Windows XP newsgroup. So use accounts in Windows XP,
one for each user. Then each user gets their own message store under
their own profile which contains their customized list of subscribed
groups.