Question NexSan F1F-14500ADRG

Dec 14, 2018
I got it from friend, and booth of us dont know how to connect it.
I put 1 HDD in for test. Connected 2 X Power. Lan Cable to my router, and I can not see them on User Device List. Like they dont exist.

Device have 2 SFP connectors. 2 PSU, 2 RJ45 and Console cable. How to access it?

www.nexsan.com

Attach Communication Cables

Connect all necessary communication cables to the RAID Controller (or Controllers) on the rear of the unit (see Rear Panel on page 2):

•If you have a 1Gb iSCSI network, attach CAT6 Ethernet cables to the iSCSI ports (Net 0 and 1).

•If you have a Fibre Channel network, attach fiber-optic cables or twisted-pair copper cables to the Fibre Channel ports (Host 0 or Host 1).

Once the unit has finished booting up, you can configure it using the graphical user interface (GUI). For detailed instructions, see the Nexsan User Manual.

popatim

Titan
You can just use a web-browser and go to it's default IP to set it up IIRR.

Also, There should be a serial port on the back as well that you can connect to your PC and then use a terminal session to configure it.

Those should be covered in the user manual as well.

Dec 14, 2018
www.nexsan.com

Attach Communication Cables

Connect all necessary communication cables to the RAID Controller (or Controllers) on the rear of the unit (see Rear Panel on page 2):

•If you have a 1Gb iSCSI network, attach CAT6 Ethernet cables to the iSCSI ports (Net 0 and 1).

•If you have a Fibre Channel network, attach fiber-optic cables or twisted-pair copper cables to the Fibre Channel ports (Host 0 or Host 1).

Once the unit has finished booting up, you can configure it using the graphical user interface (GUI). For detailed instructions, see the Nexsan User Manual.
I contacted support and they say in e mail "The porpose of RJ45 plus ( probably mean plugs ) is for management GUI interface of the unit."

Then says If I dont know IP adress of the unit I must use serrial port to find it out. How to find it via serial, which commands to use? It seems that it can use only fiber for data shareing. Which SFP model I need and which NIC i need? Can I use HP FC2142 4GB PCI-e HBA to connect with device and access files?

There must be way to access it via RJ45, as I say when i connect it to my laptio it put laptop in some strange subnet 255.255.0.0 What do I need? Configure NIC manually to subnet 255.255.0.0 and then use IP scanner to scan all IPs. It must be shown in list of devices and then access via WEB GUI? Which software is used for management?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS