Next Biometrics, The Active Thermal Principle, And Your Future Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

megiv

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Great, now someone will cut your finger and copy it (or not...), or just threat you with a knife to put it yourself. Genius.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Great, now someone will cut your finger and copy it (or not...), or just threat you with a knife to put it yourself. Genius.

I'm told that spoofing a fingerprint is extremely difficult and requires a cooperative participant, generally speaking. Also, this technology should prevent spoofing because it looks at a heat pulse created by your finger to read the ridges and valleys of your print, and even a perfect facsimile would lack that pulse.

Also, how would threatening someone at knife point to biometrically unlock something be in any way different from threatening someone at knife point to type in a PIN number?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Also, how would threatening someone at knife point to biometrically unlock something be in any way different from threatening someone at knife point to type in a PIN number?

Everyone knows that PINs and passwords change themselves during hostile situations, thus it's impossible to force someone to enter a PIN or password!

"System Alert! Hostile intruder with firearm detected. Codes scrambled. System Locked."

:-D

Steve-CR

Reputable
May 5, 2015
In a hostile situation, I would much rather hand over my belongings than have them hurt me or my family.
The scrambled PIN system would prevail in saving itself and it's contents, while leaving me very dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.