Question Next Boot after AC Power Loss not working on ASUS Z590-E

dchamb

Honorable
Jun 14, 2015
I have an Asus ROG Strix Z590-E motherboard and I am trying to configure it so that when AC power is turned off to the power supply, the computer will automatically startup when AC is restored. I haven't been able to get it to work.

In the BIOS (Version 1301), under the My Favorites tab, I have Fast Boot Enabled, and Next Boot after AC Power Loss set to Fast Boot. When I remove the power from the computer and restore it, the computer does not start back up. I have to press the power button to get it started. This is a problem because this computer must be operated remotely and if power is lost and then restored I can't run over there to manually start it. This feature has worked fine with previous motherboards I've used.

Is there another setting I am missing?

Thanks

Dale

dchamb

Honorable
Jun 14, 2015
Nevermind. Asus in their infinite wisdom changed the location of the APM settings and buried them in an obscure tab in the BIOS. No documentation of where to find it either. It is in a submenu under Advanced, but I don't remember which one. You have to look at each one and scroll down the page until you see APM Configuration.