Next build - SSD + HDD? games and photo editing

Ezekiel33

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys, I'm about to change computer in the next months and need advices for storage. Really dont know where to start. The main usage of my computer will be gaming for let's say 50% of the usage. I also like to store movies/music (flac and uncompressed files) on my computer. My gf does a lot of photo editing with Lightroom and may end using other photo editing software. We have a small family so we have a ton of pictures (uncompressed too i think.. 20 mb each picture - I know nothing about photo editing)

I need some advices on what I should go with. Should I put everything on a SSD of 1tb or more, or simply pu OS + games on sdd of 256gb and rest on a good hdd? Is there any good hdd out there that would make the photo search more fast? since we have so many pictures it takes a lot of times for them to show while opening the folders.

Thanks for the help!

Solution

You really need a dual situation.
One daily or weekly backup (internally/locally) and then something offsite. Rotated weekly or monthly, perhaps.

Anything that lives on only one drive may be said to not exist at all.

USAFRet

Titan

You really need a dual situation.
One daily or weekly backup (internally/locally) and then something offsite. Rotated weekly or monthly, perhaps.

Anything that lives on only one drive may be said to not exist at all.

Solution