[SOLVED] Next build, which CPU?

Kiaeneto

Commendable
Apr 9, 2017
I currently have this build . I'm going to be giving it to my GF but keeping the 1080ti for the new build and getting her a 1070ti for 1080p 144hz gaming.

So with CES coming up in a month, we should be seeing the new CPUs right? Something about Intel Comet with 10 cores and the new 7nm zen 2? For the next build, I'm looking just gaming/streaming so all these high core counts seem pointless to what I need them for right? I read that the 9900k was a couple percent better gaming wise then the 8700k but also $200+ expensive. So with the current CPUs what would you recommend or should I wait for more info hopefully from CES?

Solution
If you are buying now or within the next couple of months, then the 8700K is a great, great gaming CPU that is just a fraction of the 9900K and overclocks extremly easily to 5GHz...

As to Ryzen next gen, I doubt we will see that until at least March/April next year at the earliest and then you are in the same cycle as Intel will release there next CPU's mid to end 2019, followed by AMD's next CPU's....Just buy what you need now be it AMD or Intel unless you have no issues waiting at least 3 months as the power of the CPU's we have now are immense already and with a decent GPU like the 1080ti you are set for quiet some time to come...
R7 3700x threatens to be a beast of CPU, specially if those pricing estimates come true. I'm planing on it to replace my 2700x.
If you want to go with AMD and are impatient enough to build system now, you could get a good x470 MB and let's say R5 2600 and swap it for newer one when it comes out. With Intel it's unknown if it would work in today's MBs but not the case with AMD.

If you are buying now or within the next couple of months, then the 8700K is a great, great gaming CPU that is just a fraction of the 9900K and overclocks extremly easily to 5GHz...

As to Ryzen next gen, I doubt we will see that until at least March/April next year at the earliest and then you are in the same cycle as Intel will release there next CPU's mid to end 2019, followed by AMD's next CPU's....Just buy what you need now be it AMD or Intel unless you have no issues waiting at least 3 months as the power of the CPU's we have now are immense already and with a decent GPU like the 1080ti you are set for quiet some time to come...

Solution