"Next Gen" / DirectX 10 Graphics Cards?

bonedaddy

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2004
I know it may be a little early to tell, but I was wondering if anyone had an ETA on the next gen graphics cards? I plan on doing an upgrade here and was kinda holding off on the vid cards until I heard something about this, but I have yet to dig up any info. I am sitting on a decent SLI motherboard, so at the moment if I were to buy cards today, it would be 7900GTX's, but I dont want to drop $1000 just to have a new GPU announced on monday. Thanx in advance for any info!

sweatlaserxp

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
There are always new cards coming out, so the question really is do you want to upgrade right now? If not, then wait. Two 7900's or X1900's will smoke just about anything out there, as well as cause a power brownout. If you wait for the next gen. of cards, expect to pay Hollywood prices. :wink:

gradius

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I'd just stick with what you have. Doesnt look like new graphics cards will be out in a while.

why didn't you read that or wait are you an idiot
Maybe he didnt find anything or wait are you just a dick?

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Lol this is never gonna end

LOL!

Where's my Creative P10 !! :twisted:

PS something to read for the DX10 - O - philes;

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/atid3d10/

Excellent read if not somewhat short :( but like all good things, you always wish you had more :) I would like to have seen some pictures too or maybe a short video download !

Edit: Stupid me I didnt see the links lol well now I can see better what they where talking about and it IS fantastic !

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
theres another thread discussing this called G80 or 7900gtx. why didn't you read that or wait are you an idiot. just use some common sense an search before posting.

heh! some of you gamer geeks are a tad on the self righteous side, aint ya now strange humanoid :)

is it necessary to call the guy an idiot? I guess you must be extree special, so
I'll try not to ruffle yer little perfect special feathers there strange.

let's pin a rose on yer butt and call ya perfect ay?

sounds like a plan, stan 8)

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
I'd just stick with what you have. Doesnt look like new graphics cards will be out in a while.

why didn't you read that or wait are you an idiot

<<.....or wait are you just a dick?>>

I think that would likely be the case here, yes :)

is there an 'Ignore' feature for upptiy perfect folk? sorry to ask such a
STUPID question. I guess I'm an idiot too :oops:

"D'oh!!!"

gee, I wish I was perfect like strangeboy.

bilmo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
I dont appreciate the foul language you ****** assholes :roll:

good sense of humor! nice pic :)

is it really you? anyway, ****-*** needs 7 letters or digits. you only used 6.
sorry, but if this is the captain anal thread, I thought I'd just jump right into the zany fun! :lol:

radeonninjaxt

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
screw you both. i've just had enough of lazy ass posters who spam these forums with useless questions that have been asked a million times.

No question is a usless question and all questions are welcomed here. If your going to be a short tempered dickhead about someone asking a simple question then dont bother to reply at all.

There are nice ways to tell someone to use the search and then there are the dickhead motherfuckers like yourself who just dont seem to get it at all :roll:

radeonninjaxt

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006

Yes he is a dick head and his friend prozac26 is sucking it for him :oops:
You got it all wrong. Your girlfriend and your mother suck MY dick. :lol:

Wow, I feel sorry for you then. They are both fat and ugggllyyyyyy! :lol:

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
The G80 will be out in June. :roll:
:?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?:

Got any sources?
newnvidiacard3ua.jpg

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Do you recall when the Geforce 6 series came out? June 2004.
Do you recall when the Geforce 7 series came out? June 2005.
When do you think the Geforce 8 series will come out? June 2006 seems likely.

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Do you recall when the Geforce 6 series came out? June 2004.
Do you recall when the Geforce 7 series came out? June 2005.
When do you think the Geforce 8 series will come out? June 2006 seems likely.

FUCK !!!

If that's true then Im screwed cause I gotta buy my video card early June!

Dud like I told you before, take a nap, then go read some books, and I'd say come back when you've learnt something, but I don't think anyone wants you back, so why bother?

Perhaps if you even had an inkling of what you were talking about you'dbe funny, but your an ignorant troll whose likely age and IQ match his show size, if that. :roll:

No solid news of any sort. But there are rumors that G80 is delayed.

Nvidia G80 misses tape out

NVIDIA G80 Delayed (Insider Series)

Best advice is to just wait. nVidia has a track record of releasing new or updated video cards every 6 month; 9 months if there are any delays.

Since the 7900 series just came out in March it can be assumed that G80 will not come until September, or early December if there are delays.

Will nVidia buck the trend and release G80 in the summer? Don't know, but a production life of only 3 months for a GPU is kinda aggressive even for nVidia.

radeonninjaxt

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
for one thing the same sort of topic was discussed a few posts down from this one. he didn't need to search the forums, just look in the gfx card section. secondly i'm reporting you for your language which is not need on these forums.

How do you even know he was on the front page looking at the scrolling topics? Oh thats right, you are god and you know everything :roll: like I said before, there is the right way and the wrong way to ask someone to use the search function! you choose the smartass way and I can assure you that no one likes a punk like you who calls people idiots for not using the search!

You want to report me than thats just fine, two can play that game. I am reporting you for your crappy behavior and attitudes with people that dont do things the way you think they should be done.

That was this guys FIRST post! He is new! give him a break and explain things to him nicely! that should not be too much to ask!

Im really sure he feels welcome here after your comments and attitude and name calling. :roll: