[SOLVED] next generation ryzen cpu

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi
is 5th gen (zen 3) limited to those 3?
i couldn't find any successor for Ry 5 3400g...

another question, i read somewhere that since this is apu, the shared ram really handicap the cpu part. does it mean if later i install a dedicated gpu, the cpu performance increase? or its a lost cause and i should upgrade the Apu to cpu az well

Last edited:
Solution
Of course you're not going to find a 3400G successor at this point; there's generally been lag of 9-12 months between Zen mainstream CPU releases and the APUs on the same architecture. The Zen and Zen+ APUs were about a year and the Zen 2 APUs have only been coming out in the last few months only to OEMs. Given the chip shortages and the lower priority of the non-OEM consumer APUs, I would be mildly surprised to see Zen 3 APUs become available to the public until before late 2021.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Of course you're not going to find a 3400G successor at this point; there's generally been lag of 9-12 months between Zen mainstream CPU releases and the APUs on the same architecture. The Zen and Zen+ APUs were about a year and the Zen 2 APUs have only been coming out in the last few months only to OEMs. Given the chip shortages and the lower priority of the non-OEM consumer APUs, I would be mildly surprised to see Zen 3 APUs become available to the public until before late 2021.

Reactions: .valkyrie.
Solution

Latest posts