Next GPU upgrade

Kazam

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Looking for advice on which card to upgrade to.
My current card is a EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB

The cards I am deciding between, it must be one of these 3 reference cards, I do not want an AMD gpu so don't recommend one. All I want to know is which of these three is the best value per performance, and why.

980 ti
1060 (6GB)

Which of these 3 and what brands/ specific models

Solution
I would say a GTX 1070 card for performance, though slightly higher priced than a GTX 980 Ti card.

Second the GTX 980 Ti card due to it`s gaming performance and power Plus the lower price in most cases.

Third a GTX 1060 card because it goes without saying the other two cards out perform it in most cases of game playing, and fps output at higher screen resolutions above 1080p Kazam.

I would say a GTX 1070 card for performance, though slightly higher priced than a GTX 980 Ti card.

Second the GTX 980 Ti card due to it`s gaming performance and power Plus the lower price in most cases.

Third a GTX 1060 card because it goes without saying the other two cards out perform it in most cases of game playing, and fps output at higher screen resolutions above 1080p Kazam.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1070 is certainly the value leader despite being the most expensive.

GTX 1060 is a great upgrade to a 960 though, roughly double.

I would always say it depends on your screen resolution. If you are at 1080p 60hz, than the 1070 will last a long time, but it is more of a QHD capable card.

If you can get it cheap enough a 980ti is a nice upgrade, but it requires more power, and doesn't have some of the architectural improvements. These might come in handy for future titles, so I would only consider it if it was very inexpensive.

ZHU92

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014
Exactly as Shaun o put, 1070 > 980ti > 1060
As for models/makes it's all on personal preference/budget.

A brand I've always stuck by is EVGA but there was a recent problem with some 1070s not getting appropriate cooling for their vrms so maybe stay away this time around (if you're savvy enough you can correct that). Asus is always solid and MSI isn't bad but it matters on your budget. ie if an MSI card with similar cooler is cheaper than the ASUS one why not go for the MSI one? As for superclocked and the likes it's really only worth getting those if they're cheaper than the base model. Typically factory overclocked cards gain 1-6fps over stock cards (depending on game) so in my opinion it's not worth the extra $20+