Next Homefront Game Will Be Developed by Crytek

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
2014 eh? lets hope the new consoles will be released. Homefront CM was pretty close to the PC community. joining podcasts and talk about PC stuff and support. i have respect for them.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
"Homefront will be developed by Crytek"

In other words, PC gamers should not buy the game until we get an update patch that will add DX11 (even though at the time we will probably be in DX12) and updated textures. Fiscal year 2014 release date + 3 months is when I am maybe looking at this game.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Awful characters, a pretty weak story, horrid graphics, and gameplay worse than the other 3 combined. Homefront was not a good game. I will not be buying the sequel.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I enjoyed Homefront, though the story was a bit far-fetched. I played it mostly for the graphics.[/citation]
A far fetched story is sometimes the basis for a successful game because that is what you remebember the most, even if the graphics are relatively poor.
Games that fall into this category would be Wing Commander, Deus Ex, Half Life, they spawned successful franchises because the back story is unique and interesting.
Homefront has a strong back story, just the first game was a bad implementation, a good studio can take the back story and make a great sequel.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I kind of liked the game. Awesome premise, and it fictitiously took place in my home town!

Still though it needed a more fleshed out story and characters. And lets face it, the Crytek team has never been good at either. So we will see ... hopefully the new installment is good.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Gman450[/nom]Homefront wasn't a good game. Now they're planning a sequel?[/citation]

the game may not have been good but the universe in which is set does have potential and that is what they are marketing on.

someoneelse

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
crytek have a good engine and it's a shame theat it's not used in more games. so we know the game will technically be fine, but can they use the crytek engine to come up with an original or worthwhile game experience?? we'll have to wait.

It does raise the further question over standardisation of game engines. could be a good or a bad thing.

THQ should stick to their mma and professional wrestling roots... seeing as they haven't really perfected either of those yet.

Maybe the next Homefront will take place in Hawaii. Crytek already has a huge bank full of textures, plant-life, and water effects. :D

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software.

samanosuke47

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
I liked the cannon for homefront. It's different, no one ever invades America in games. It was nice to see the boot on the other foot or whatever you wanna say. So in that aspect I was fully interested in Homefront at first. Lately I've been waiting for games to come out though before I buy so I can see reviews. Homefront wasn't looking to be what I wanted, and therefore I never bought it. :/ Sad really, I had a few friends say they liked it, and the multiplayer was ok. But I still wasn't conviced to buy it.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
So about three years from now we'll be asking the question "can it play Homefront"? getreal you're only a youngster here complain about products elsewhere, not in news comments sections. I know you might intend well but keep on posting it and eventually you will be voted to oblivion.

PhoneyVirus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
free-to-play for the first 2 days and after that they force you to buy better guns, why? because the one you where getting so much kills with are gone and NOW you have to pay for it think again when why say free-to-play save your money and wait like I do, go to Wal-mart buy two or three PC games for the price of one Console Game.

Example Dead Space 2 and Bullet-Storm for the Stupid Consoles are $49.99 and $59.99 I got two of them for $19.99 on PC and a HDMI Cable four days ago plus Cat food for the price of one Console Game WOW like I said before and I'll say it again console loves can't handle the TRUE POWER of the PC.

PhoneyVirus

[citation][nom]PhoneyVirus[/nom]free-to-play for the first 2 days and after that they force you to buy better guns, why? because the one you where getting so much kills with are gone and NOW you have to pay for it think again when why say free-to-play save your money and wait like I do, go to Wal-mart buy two or three PC games for the price of one Console Game.Example Dead Space 2 and Bullet-Storm for the Stupid Consoles are $49.99 and $59.99 I got two of them for $19.99 on PC and a HDMI Cable four days ago plus Cat food for the price of one Console Game WOW like I said before and I'll say it again console loves can't handle the TRUE POWER of the PC.PhoneyVirus[/citation]

Damn straight. I went to a Best Buy just after Rainbow Six Vegas was released. The xbox 360 and pc versions were almost side by side. $50 for the xbox version or $20 for the pc. Of course, it was just an OK port to PC but you can't beat that with a stick. The only thing the PC version really lacked were higher resolutions and more customizable graphics options but the $30 discount made up for that I guess.

This is also why I like Steam so much these days. If you have the patience you can pay very little for AAA titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.