Next Motorola Phone Built in Texas, Called Moto X

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
this is absolutely fantastic. let's debunk that apple myth saying that if apple products were made inside the states, each phone would cost ~$15,000 (not a typo)
let's get that up to 100% and bring all that outsourcing back into the states. we were doing the best when we had all that manufacturing here. outsourcing sped things up, but it ruined a lot of things in the long run.

ruining what? "outsourcing" was supposed to be a NATURAL part of a GLOBAL ECONOMY, it wasn't supposed to go only one way. now I am an american and I love my country, but if we didn't get so lazy and shitty at manufacturing basic products, we wouldn't have this issue with out-sourcing. the foundations of a global economy allows every country to make some money trading and doing what they do best, ultimately allowing the world to make everything faster and make everyone's life better.

we need to ramp up education and skilled training. we're never gonna beat China and India etc by being cheaper, the only wan the american life-style can work is if we actually have the most skilled workforce in the world, and frankly, we don't, and it's getting worse, way worse, if you look at elementary level education nowadays...

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
It looks like Motorola is starting up a new expensive paper weight division.

There is no way a US manufactured smartphone can be competitive.

Here are three reasons why not:

OSHA
EPA
IRS

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
So Grandmastersexsay is telling us NOT to buy USA products. Must buy from Chinese. And like China, we shouldn't have pollution controls which allows companies to contaminate our water supplies which then NEED to be detoxed (either WE the tax payer pays for it with taxes or the offending company is billed). Say, if I take a crap on your front yard and entrance to your home, its okay... right?
OSHA, which helps improve safety standards for workers so they don't DIE or lose fingers and arms making your phone... unlike China where people who make our phones and tablets typically make a few hundred dollars a month working 60~80hrs a week?!
So by YOUR standards, we should all work as slaves, damn the workers as long as the romeny's in the world gets to drink our blood from wine glasses.
You have some mental problems.
A strong middle class is what built America into the great country that it was... by all means, lets go back to the tax rate from the 50s. :) No middle class = weaker country.

Status
Not open for further replies.