Next System Builder Marathon?

aj327

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
I've been waiting since mid-March for then next system builder. I'm beginning to wonder if it's been dropped...

It'll be out before too long. I think the $625 build is a Phenom2 tri core and the $1,250 is a micro i7 build. They don't pay for the parts, they order them from www.newegg.com then return them after the article is finished (whoever arranged the deal is a frigging genius, it allows great advertising for newegg and accessibility to available parts to Toms)

strandwolf

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008

Cosign on that. I like the high end builds. Play around with a good $2K.
The sub $1K builds are too skrimpy, barebones. Live alittle. Don't be such a cheapskate, so niggardly, people. We're talking something you're gonna use a good 10 to 16 hours a day, right? And include the monitor, too. Big ones, high resolution, superior color rendition. Stuff we need to know about, is what I mean.

nerrawg

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Looking forward to the next build!

(um ... "niggardly"!? ... cough cough, is that actually an expression, .. or a stigmatism?)
otherwise i did get a sense of humor in that last comment - so probably just my foreign miss-understandings..

strandwolf

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008

Yes, you have misunderstood the term, perhaps. You have an excuse if English is not your native tongue.

Some fool cost a man his job when he had merely used it correctly during a meeting:
http://www.adversity.net/special/niggardly.htm

Cheers, Jim