Next Version of Mac OS X Could be Called 'Lynx'

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
For owners of Apple computers that run a previous OS: Be prepared to throw out your computer soon, because Apple is not known for maintaining legacy OSes for more than a few years.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Siri is entertaining. Watching people try to speak clearly into their phone is funny. Google Now is quite impressive. The more you do with your phone the more helpful information it provides. And it gets right to the point. Google is useful compared to Siri. If I hear one more person ask Siri to be their girlfriend, I will vomit. They should continue to ask siri what is the best phone ever is. Also, Google never has to say "let's see...." because it is slow. Google Now is as fast as..... well google. As far as maps go.... you know the answer, right siri?

designasaurus

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
OK. You've picked a COUGAR* as the picture for this article.

*aka a Puma**
**aka a Mountain Lion***
***Had to click on this article just to see if it was actually as frivolous as I thought it would be.****
**** It was.

G

After a certain future Apple will trademark "Bobcat" and Apple does it anyway just to sue for the hell of suing the construction machinery company Bobcat that has existed sine 1947, .

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
It's the perfect analogy! Lynx was the best text-only brower ever made... but alas it is now an antiquated piece of software of a by gone era (early to mid '90's). Just like Apple continues to send antiquated software to their sheep er I mean users.

Skeete_UK

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
So its the same name as Lynx deodorant..

things in common:
they are cheap to make,
rather ineffective,
and contrary to adverts : repel women.

Sounds about right.

G

Who gives a F*** what their next minor OS release is called? Seriously? An article about that incredible nugget of information is as informative as a fart. Hot air! Come on Tom. Serious news please and not that crap!

helltag

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]After a certain future Apple will trademark "Bobcat" and Apple does it anyway just to sue for the hell of suing the construction machinery company Bobcat that has existed sine 1947, .[/citation]

Only if your retarded enough to not understand trademarks. Hint: You can trademark the same name as long as it is in a different industry.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
This qualifies as news? Someone got paid for writing that ?
Here is more news... rumor has it that Microsoft's next OS will be Windows 9.
However, Microsoft Germany has indicated that a different naming will have to be considered for the German market as the English "9" would sound line the German word "nein"; meaning "no".

And who wants to upgrade to "Microsoft No" :)

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]ipwn3r456[/nom]Is it just me, when I read "Lynx", it keeps me thinking of Linux...[/citation]Nope I keep thinking of Linux too. Hopefully Ubuntu has a patent for Lynx, that way they can sue the hell out of apple and force them to take their products off the shelf just like Samsung had too.

[citation][nom]shafe88[/nom]Nope I keep thinking of Linux too. Hopefully Ubuntu has a patent for Lynx, that way they can sue the hell out of apple and force them to take their products off the shelf just like Samsung had too.[/citation]

"Article" says Apple trademarked 'Lynx' back in 2003. I think if there were any conflict, it would have come up then, but idk...

Status
Not open for further replies.