Nexus 4 Smartphone Back in Stock in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ang1dust

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Who cares, nexus 5 coming out going to be a mobile alienware boasting a 10k mah battery and will last an entire month on 1 charge....

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Is it just me or is this the just the latest in a whole page full of "meh" stories
Jeff Bezos recovers engines from 3 miles under the sea used to send Apollo astronauts to the moon and this is the kind of dullness we see?

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]ang1dust[/nom]Who cares, nexus 5 coming out going to be a mobile alienware boasting a 10k mah battery and will last an entire month on 1 charge....[/citation]

In October, and most people will probably be able to order it only by Christmas.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
I don't know why it is so hard for phone manufacturers to design a phone with removable battery!!?? Some technology limited in 2012??!! Or Samsung patent the "removable battery" tech?

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Avus[/nom]I don't know why it is so hard for phone manufacturers to design a phone with removable battery!!?? Some technology limited in 2012??!! Or Samsung patent the "removable battery" tech?[/citation]

I'm assuming it takes up more space, makes phone construction more complicated, and makes phones last longer (with longer upgrade cycles) when the battery can be easily replaced. Since the sales of the iPhone have shown that not everybody needs a removable battery, I guess Google and LG think the tradeoff is worth it.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Since the sales of the iPhone have shown that not everybody needs a removable battery[/citation]
They have never been given the option, it is not the same as not needing it, if Apple had allowed user replaceable batteries you can be guaranteed that sales of iBatteries with a patented shape (to prevent 3rd party) would be the highest selling accessory and they would be "magical" and "innovative"

Status
Not open for further replies.