Nexus 5 Appears in Google Play Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I don't see the draw to this phone, when other high end android phones like the Note 3 and LG G2 equal it in specs or surpass it? Its not even a 5 inch screen and only a 8mp camera...Its ok I guess if your current phone is over a year old but otherwise I don't see the draw to it?

Elmer Rubio

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
8mp has nothing to do with how great the camera is. I will admit that the nexus 4 has an awful camera and horrible battery life, and I do hope they change that around with the nexus 5.

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
@soldier44 the price for that phone is dirt cheap compared to anyone else. Instant android updates, stock android, $300 (or $350). This phone is a steal

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

Not sure what you're doing with the Nexus 4 if you're saying it's got horrible battery life. Mine lasts me all day without even breaking a sweat.

faximusy

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
If there is also the OIS, this phone will be mine as soon as possible. It's really similar to the LG G2, but the price is more lovely.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
There is no indication they will price is near the Nexus 4 so far.

Nexus 4 was garbage that's why the price was so low. It was cheaper than other phones because it was an inferior phone.

This is closer to the competition's current releases, so interesting to see if Google keeps the price the same as old Nexus 4, or wants to have similar margins as Nexus 4.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Aside from lack of LTE and a modest camera, I'm not sure what made the Nexus 4 "garbage." It had build quality as good as any other phone and top of the line specs when it was released.

The price was leaked on Google Play for $349. Not sure why this article didn't state that point.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
@JD88:

So no LTE, industry standard for a flagship phone and especially for phones coming out at the time.
Terrible camera.
No expandable memory like other flagship Android competitors and only 8/16GB models

Seriously, its failing on some very MAJOR levels for a device.

Is it better than other phones at the price yes, but compared to flagship Android phones out it was garbage. You get what you pay for, pay for less you get less.

If @ $349 they've done a lot better on this iteration of the product. Smart move this go around

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Many places do not have LTE. Most people don't have data plans that make LTE useful in any sense. Being able to stream two 1080p videos simultaneously is too slow? Poor baby.

Most people do not want to keep movies and multigigabyte games on their phones which is why a lot of people simply don't need removable storage. Proof? Sales of iDevices.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
It's a bit better on Firefox with ad blocker running. On Chrome its terrible, I agree. Now back on topic. I am writing this on a Nexus 4.... garbage ? Hardly. It's a nice neat phone at a reasonable price. I don't do contracts and paying 600 dollars for something I may not keep that long isn't appealing. As for the new phone, it does not entice me to upgrade. Its going to need to offer a bit more ummph. But I am looking forward to the Nexus (6?).

My largest complaint with the phone is the horrible speakers and some of the quirkiness of it (such as the proximity sensor which tends to detect my thumb but not my pocket...). Then there is the shatter back....I really wish they would work on those thngs. Still it will likely be another year before I buy another phone.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Anyone who say that the Nexus 5 is weak then you guys haven't seen what they did at the dark side of the moon. One of these baby have enough computing power to make a Spaceship flies when used with a Universal Systematic Binding cable. As long as it's fully charge before it is used. If you guys doubt me then the link below will prove that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziVpqh9UXmI

:)

Sam arora

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
The main point of buying a Nexus is its great specs at a minimal price. Love this quality by Google in its devices. <a href="http://nexus6o.com">Google</a> keep coming with such wonderful devices. (Y) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.