Nexus quylthulg

johng

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

I found a monster pit at 2100 feet with four Nexus quylthulg. I'd like to
clear it out, but they keep teleporting me away. Is there any resist that
will help prevent you from being teleported?

Thanks!
John Gordon

Not that I'm aware of, but Nexus Q's aren't that much of a problem - just a
pain.

If you keep coming back, eventually he'll teleport away himself instead of
doing it to you. Alternatively, if you get the LOS just right (you need to
be a few square back round a corner) you can missile him without him seeing
you.

"JohnG" <NO---SPAMgeekzilla@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I found a monster pit at 2100 feet with four Nexus quylthulg. I'd like to
>clear it out, but they keep teleporting me away. Is there any resist that
>will help prevent you from being teleported?
>
> Thanks!
> John Gordon

Antoine

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2003

JohnG wrote:
> I found a monster pit at 2100 feet with four Nexus quylthulg. I'd
like to
> clear it out, but they keep teleporting me away. Is there any resist
that
> will help prevent you from being teleported?
>
> Thanks!
> John Gordon

Dear John,

Most likely those Quythulgs are participating in a mating ritual.
Please observe common politeness and do not intrude on them as it may
disrupt their important breeding activities.

If it is really necessary, watch them from a long distance downwind,
using binoculars, so as not to intrude.

A.

"JohnG" <NO---SPAMgeekzilla@comcast.net> wrote:
>I found a monster pit at 2100 feet with four Nexus quylthulg. I'd like to
>clear it out, but they keep teleporting me away. Is there any resist that
>will help prevent you from being teleported?

Nope. You're going to have to get clever with tunnelling, detect
invisible, and ball spells (or finessing the line of sight algorithm if
you're in a variant that permits that).
My roguelike games page (including my BSD-licenced roguelike) can be found at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mpread/roguelikes.html
Everyone expected the Bavarian Inquisition.