Nexus Tablet 7 Mod Enables 720p Video Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
[citation][nom]LaHawzel[/nom]The tweak is nice, but I really wish there would eventually be a software method to correct this more pressing issue of poor camera quality (as unlikely as it might be).[/citation]

While software usually can benefit from improvements, it'll always be limited by hardware. If your camera is crappy you should probably get a better one

[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]While software usually can benefit from improvements, it'll always be limited by hardware. If your camera is crappy you should probably get a better one[/citation]

I'm pretty sure that there isn't much that you can do (within reason) about the camera of a tablet except for buying a tablet that has a better camera.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Keep in mind that physics and the law of optics are not the best friends of small phones and thin tablets.

You need big sensor chips and lots of glass for good quality video.
There is a reason that pros run around with big cameras and even bigger lenses.
Ah yes, and don't forget big power hungry flash lights either!!

billj214

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I think the main purpose of the camera is for video chat, anyone using it for something which requires half decent video quality may as well use your Iphone or Android phone, its probably better.

I am more excited about the tablet having things like GPS and Bluetooth for a mere $200, the camera will probably never get used.

misterawsome

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
[citation][nom]LaHawzel[/nom]The camera is really, really crappy, though. Even still images look pretty bad. Taken with Nexus 7 front camera under very good ambient lighting conditions.The tweak is nice, but I really wish there would eventually be a software method to correct this more pressing issue of poor camera quality (as unlikely as it might be).[/citation] its not that bad, its only for skyping.

Status
Not open for further replies.