NF7-S vs. AN7

Someone

While browsing the Abit site for the specs of their NF7-S I came across
the AN7. Overhere, in NL, the price-difference is just 10 Euros/Dollars.
On Overclockers.com the review on the AN7 sounds pretty nice. The AN7
seems to have mainly some improvements on where and how things are located
on the PCB.

From the information I have now I'm leaning towards the decision for
buying the AN7 around $10 more.

So, now I'm wondering whether this is also the general consensus in the
group. That, given the choice and the marginal price-difference, the AN7
would be the board of choice in favour of the NF7-S.

Your opinions please.

Jim

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTU3

Might want to check out the above before deciding.

HTH

Jim

"SomeOne" <askme@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> While browsing the Abit site for the specs of their NF7-S I came across
> the AN7. Overhere, in NL, the price-difference is just 10 Euros/Dollars.
> On Overclockers.com the review on the AN7 sounds pretty nice. The AN7
> seems to have mainly some improvements on where and how things are located
> on the PCB.
>
> From the information I have now I'm leaning towards the decision for
> buying the AN7 around $10 more.
>
> So, now I'm wondering whether this is also the general consensus in the
> group. That, given the choice and the marginal price-difference, the AN7
> would be the board of choice in favour of the NF7-S.
>
> Your opinions please.

wookie

I've loved my NF7-S and if OC'ing is your thing then there is no logical
choice other than the NF7-S.
Go to to what I think is one of the best NVidia site out there and look at
the reviews and the forums. There are many AN7 users who have switched to
Abit instead of teh other way around.
http://www.nforcershq.com/

"SomeOne" <askme@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> While browsing the Abit site for the specs of their NF7-S I came across
> the AN7. Overhere, in NL, the price-difference is just 10 Euros/Dollars.
> On Overclockers.com the review on the AN7 sounds pretty nice. The AN7
> seems to have mainly some improvements on where and how things are located
> on the PCB.
>
> From the information I have now I'm leaning towards the decision for
> buying the AN7 around $10 more.
>
> So, now I'm wondering whether this is also the general consensus in the
> group. That, given the choice and the marginal price-difference, the AN7
> would be the board of choice in favour of the NF7-S.
>
> Your opinions please.

AN7 is NF7-s with GURU...

"Wookie" <Tom@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've loved my NF7-S and if OC'ing is your thing then there is no logical
> choice other than the NF7-S.
> Go to to what I think is one of the best NVidia site out there and look at
> the reviews and the forums. There are many AN7 users who have switched
> Abit instead of teh other way around.
> http://www.nforcershq.com/
>

> "SomeOne" <askme@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > While browsing the Abit site for the specs of their NF7-S I came across
> > the AN7. Overhere, in NL, the price-difference is just 10 Euros/Dollars.
> > On Overclockers.com the review on the AN7 sounds pretty nice. The AN7
> > seems to have mainly some improvements on where and how things are
located
> > on the PCB.
> >
> > From the information I have now I'm leaning towards the decision for
> > buying the AN7 around $10 more.
> >
> > So, now I'm wondering whether this is also the general consensus in the
> > group. That, given the choice and the marginal price-difference, the AN7
> > would be the board of choice in favour of the NF7-S.
> >
> > Your opinions please.

Hi,
My build I did with an NF7-S worked very well, but the build I did with an
AN7 had problems. If I build another ATHLON system I will use the NF7-S.
--
Wayne ][
<Intel® Pentium® 4 - Online! :p>