[SOLVED] NH-D15 clearance with B550 Aorus Pro

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2720853

RAM clearance is not a problem as I have 31mm Corsair Vengeance LPX and those fit with literally any cooler, but I'm worried about the first PCIe slot being blocked by the cooler. That's the PCIe Gen 4.0 slot that I'd like to use.

I checked Noctua's website and apparently the cooler is compatible with the X570 Aorus Pro, which has about the same distance between the RAM slots and the first PCIe slot as the B550 Aorus Pro board I want to buy.

Can someone confirm this for me?

Pics:

B550 Aorus Pro:
firefox_HnTaMK88xI.png

X570 Aorus Pro:

firefox_9r2ItLZo0Y.png

D

Deleted member 2720853

you will have to get another motherboard since none of the cooler is on the list for this board they all show up the 570 x ones .
Uh, actually, no B550 boards from ANY manufacturer show up on ANY Noctua cooler compatibility list.

I'm guessing Noctua didn't update it yet.

That's why I'm asking here, I also asked them (because that's what they said to do if my motherboard doesn't show up), but it'll take until Monday for them to respond I guess.

If the cooler is, according to them, completely compatible with the X570 Aorus Pro, then it should be the same with the B550 Aorus Pro considering the distance between the RAM slots and the first PCIe slot is identical, right?

D

Deleted member 2720853

it is the pci slot that could be a issue if you could not use the plain one see if the s version will work from the answer they will give you .
Look, if the NH-D15 does not work with a PCIe slot, this is what they tell you:

firefox_4GXPNjWwXd.png

HOWEVER, this is what it says for the X570 Aorus Pro:

firefox_NhURNhl2UR.png

And the B550 Aorus Pro looks to be identical in PCIe slot placement.

I'm not going to buy a B450 board because the cooler doesn't fit. I highly doubt it doesn't. I just need a second opinion here.

D

Deleted member 2720853

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-pro-ac_1001_e.pdf from manual 1 pci-e slot is x16 the second one is x4 so if they first pci-e is at same distance as the 570 cooler should fit since they are both atx same size .
I checked a board that, according to Noctua, has its first PCIe slot blocked off by the NH-D15, and this is how it looks like:

firefox_UW3igdAsBi.png

The distance between the RAM modules and PCIe slot is significantly shorter...

firefox_KnyA1ANDuO.png

... when compared to the B550 Aorus Pro:

firefox_PY4CWdwGWF.png

So I guess I'm fine. Going to mark this as solved but more opinions on this are welcome. I already bought the NH-D15 so don't suggest another cooler. I kinda need it for a Ryzen 9 3900x.

Status
Not open for further replies.