NHD-15 trouble, please help

Apr 25, 2018
Hey I have this cooler and its awesome but if I ever need to do maintenance and remove it to get to my gpu what a pain it is. I end up having to wedge a screwdriver in between my GPU and the cooler to remove the PCIe lock in the PCIe top slot where my GPU is. Otherwise I cant remove the cooler because the middle fan will scratch the shit out of the back of my card when I pull the metal tabs for the middle fan. Is there an easier way to do this? Here is a couple pics of my setup. I basically have to take my GPU off the get the middle fan off. Truly terrible

first question is why are you having to remove anything to do "maintenance",and what kind on maintenance is this?i have the earlier version of this cooler and both fans can be removed independant of the cooler,so this should take care of your problem with the gpu.it is an awesome cooler.

Apr 25, 2018
Sorry forgot to include pics. Maintenance for example replace cpu paste, I was getting bad temps. The fans are not easy to remove on mine and there is very little room for error or I can scratch my GPU backplate really bad. I see eveyone elses is built a lot like mine. How do you all remove it with such ease? Putting the fans on is easy but taking them off is very difficult. They snag on the fins and get stuck requiring a lot of pulling to get them to release.

gotta admit my ndh-14 is not easy to get out,but both of them have to have the inside fan uninstalled to remove or install the cooler.it is tight,but it is doable.
with a depth of 135mm it is going to give you more clearance.on looking at the specs for both coolers the width (the measurement you are having trouble with),is identical on both at 150 mm.you wont gain any clearance where you want it.if your temps are ok now you wont have to reinstall the cooler for quite some time.can you not remove the gpu first and then the cooler if needed?