NHL 2006 weird startup problem

Einari Polkko

Honorable
Dec 4, 2014
Hi, Recently got my hands on nhl 2006 but i think its not compatible with win7. When i start the game everything goes fine and looks fine until the menu screen pops up middle of the screen is black and shows nothing but the sides of the screen looks fine but i cant acces the menu. I think it has something to do with resolution maybe its not suitable for 16:9 is there common fix for these type of things ? ive tried running it on win xp compatitble mode

Einari Polkko

Honorable
Dec 4, 2014
For some reason i cant get the virtual pc installed when i try to start the setup it tells "the service cannot be started either because it is disabled or becaues it has no enabled devices associated with it "

Einari Polkko

Honorable
Dec 4, 2014
Okay got it working now. is there some way i transfer the nhl 2006 files to the xp or a way to run it with xp mode or i have to reinstall it ?

edit:yeah found a way to get it but srsly i need to install my gpu drivers and stuff?

Einari Polkko

Honorable
Dec 4, 2014
yeah but the problem is that it doesnt start game tells me the "Your 3D accelerator card and/or your video card could not be intizlised properly. please update the drivers for your 3d and / or video card

Slowly losing my hope haha just wanted to nostalgy with this game

WildCard999

Titan
So apparently you can't use your dedicated GPU in Windows XP Mode (sorry), I've tried to find a workaround but no luck yet.

"You cannot get XP Mode to see your physical card's driver. Virtual PC and Hyper-V present an emulated S3 Trio graphics card with limited features to the virtualized operating system. There is no workaround to use the drivers for your physical graphics card because the virtual machine can't access the physical hardware."
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/aac37d4d-8a7e-4a6f-b706-eb62f0158a0d/xp-mode-not-seeing-nvidia-graphics-card?forum=w7itprovirt