Nice Cooler, slower fan, and more lights?

I recently installed a TR2-M1 cooler (shipped from Newegg for $15) that reduced
my Athlon 1500+ temp from 41 to 34. Fan is pretty quiet and has an onboard
light show consisting of red, green and blue LEDs spaced 120 degrees apart
under the clear plastic 80-90mm fan. It looks really good. The sink is a big
aluminum unit with a copper base. Looks pretty efficient to me; is 34 a good
temp for an athlon 1500?

Any way to slow down the fan? I'd let the temp go back to 40 to see how quiet I
could get the fan. Would slowing down the fan screw up its LED light show? If
so, then the heck with it!

What other kind of lights can I put into my case? How about an LED array that
could be controlled/driven by the PC? What about "glowing" cables? Any other
toys for cases? Can I string LEDs arround the case like Christmas tree lights?
Where can I get power for more LEDs? Might be fun to "Orange County Chopper" my
computer. I'd consider anything. Your ideas appreciated. Thanks

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:46:18 +0000, TANKIE wrote:

> I recently installed a TR2-M1 cooler (shipped from Newegg for $15) that
> reduced my Athlon 1500+ temp from 41 to 34. Fan is pretty quiet and has
> an onboard light show consisting of red, green and blue LEDs spaced 120
> degrees apart under the clear plastic 80-90mm fan. It looks really good.
> The sink is a big aluminum unit with a copper base. Looks pretty
> efficient to me; is 34 a good temp for an athlon 1500?

Yes, it's fine, and a very good cheap cooler, but Newegg got to you on
this one. They used to sell it for $8.99. At $15.99 they are now the
highest price of any I found on the net.You can buy it for $8 elsewhere.
They actually raised the price of this above the more costly M2 model
because it became so popular.

> Any way to slow down the fan? I'd let the temp go back to 40 to see how
> quiet I could get the fan. Would slowing down the fan screw up its LED
> light show? If so, then the heck with it!

Sure. You can slow it down (and dim the lights) with a speed control, but
I couldn't even hear the fan over the other system noises.

And I don't have the model with the lights.