Night Owl iOS Software

Sep 18, 2020
I have a Night Owl camera system (DVR-DP2-16 8 Camera wired) that uses the Night Owl Protect iOS app. The app is terrible and I was wondering if anyone feels the same. Also, is there any other app that I can use with these cameras?

Ralston18

Titan
Not an answer per se but what app problems are you experiencing?

And I have no doubt that you are experiencing such problems.

In the general rush towards home security cameras many companies are simply pushing out whatever hardware and software they can as fast as they can.

Little or no testing and/or poorly written end-user documentation with respect to installation, configuration, and use.

Often proprietary as well. And all want to be the "One ring to rule them all".

Doubt that all of the issues/problems are "resolvable" but add some details to your post.

Some specific problems may be addressable. TBD.

Otherwise consider, if possible, returning the system and buying another product set.

Sep 18, 2020
Not an answer per se but what app problems are you experiencing?

And I have no doubt that you are experiencing such problems.

In the general rush towards home security cameras many companies are simply pushing out whatever hardware and software they can as fast as they can.

Little or no testing and/or poorly written end-user documentation with respect to installation, configuration, and use.

Often proprietary as well. And all want to be the "One ring to rule them all".

Doubt that all of the issues/problems are "resolvable" but add some details to your post.

Some specific problems may be addressable. TBD.

Otherwise consider, if possible, returning the system and buying another product set.

The iPhone app works OK on the phone, but is terrible on the iPad. Also the notifications do not work well. I just think that they could do a better job with the software. I called the company and spoke to a product manager who said they are working on a new release but no date.

Ralston18

Titan
Is it too late to return the cameras on that basis if you are willing to do so?

About the only thing I can think of is to compare as many of the iPhone/Night Owl Protect settings with the corresponding iPad/Night Owl Protect settings.

Try to identify a specify issue or issues that are iPad specific. Match any controls (if possible) to the iPhone's settings. Not optimistic that any one particular setting or option will make a difference. Still I would look just a matter of trying to do something....

Perhaps someone else may note your post/thread and be able to offer other ideas and suggestions. I have no problem with that.

Sep 18, 2020
Thanks, I am going to try and stick this out and only use my iPhone for now hoping that they come out with new software soon.