Nikon 5T and/or 6T close up filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone out there have a 5T and/or 6T close up filter that they
would like to sell? I hear that many people who start with macro
photography start out with one and enjoy it but end up buying a true
macro lens in the end.

Tanya

I don't think so. I am using the 5T and I am continuing using it. A good
zoom lens and a 5T with a DX-format image sensor cannot easily be
outperformed by a macro lens. Actually, if you need perfect image flatness,
the you should consider buying a good macro lens. But most objects I
photograph aren't flat at all. Even professional photographers doing
close-up work, such as John Shaw, prefer achromatic close-up lenses due to
their light weight and great strength when used with the smaller digital
image sensor. (See John's book entitled "John Shaw's Closeups in Nature").

Gregor

"crazylikedat" <belatrix001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone out there have a 5T and/or 6T close up filter that they
> would like to sell? I hear that many people who start with macro
> photography start out with one and enjoy it but end up buying a true
> macro lens in the end.
>
> Tanya

ritalynn

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
tanya,

I am selling both my Nikon 5T and 6T close up filters. They are in their original cases. I am selling them for $100 per piece if interested. Contact me at rlmayell@gmail.com

Rita

Rita:
I'd like to buy your 5T and 6T close up filters. Would you be willing to mail them to Australia? I would pay via PayPal. Thanks,
Esther