Ninja Looters on Bertox

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,rec.games.computer.everquest (More info?)

I was in a raid in Lower Guk hunting the Fabled Frenied Ghoul. About 3
hours after I joined *Trazum* joins follwed by *Aniema* minutes later.
Everything was fine, no problems with people taking the loot out of
turn, until it was my turn. We killed the FFG and were finishing off
the adds. I then went to loot the FFG to get the sash but found that
Aniema was already looting the corpse out of turn. Then Trazum came
over, Aniema stood up, and Trazum looted the sash. Then Trazum stepped
back and logged out. I had to leave I was so furious. The raid leader
said they are filing a /petition and I should as well. I did when I
got to the PoK. I mentioned the incident in /ooc and 2 people said
they had also been 'ninja looted' by Trazum.

The annoying thng is they were next after me but I guess they couldn't
wait. So no sash for me and positive reinforcement for negative
behaviour by Soe.

If nothing else keep an eye out for these two on Bertoxous, it could
be youe loot they take next.

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,rec.games.computer.everquest (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:35:43 -0600, EQ4ewe wrote:

<snip>
> The annoying thng is they were next after me but I guess they couldn't
> wait. So no sash for me and positive reinforcement for negative
> behaviour by Soe.
Has SOE gotten back to you? How did they reinforce the negative behavior?
Somehow I think you're jumping the gun and blaming SOE before they've had a
chance to respond.

--
RJB
3/22/2005 8:53:36 AM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:35:43 -0600, EQ4ewe <spam@private.org> wrote:

>If nothing else keep an eye out for these two on Bertoxous, it could
>be youe loot they take next.

If there si one bright side, the more people that knows about hi ninja
looting, the less likely he'd be able to get grouped in the future and
less likely to be accepted in a guild. Since nearly all fabled items
are no drop, the only way to lose the bad rep is to pay through the
nose for server transfer.

Do be sure to file petition. While the GM probably can't do much,
recieving an excessive number of complaints against one person should
get the attention and possibly lead to suspension.

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,rec.games.computer.everquest (More info?)

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:35:43 -0600, EQ4ewe <spam@private.org> wrote:
>
>>If nothing else keep an eye out for these two on Bertoxous, it could be
>>youe loot they take next.
>
> If there si one bright side, the more people that knows about hi ninja
> looting, the less likely he'd be able to get grouped in the future and
> less likely to be accepted in a guild. Since nearly all fabled items
> are no drop, the only way to lose the bad rep is to pay through the
> nose for server transfer.
>
> Do be sure to file petition. While the GM probably can't do much,
> recieving an excessive number of complaints against one person should
> get the attention and possibly lead to suspension.

It is possible that GMs might do something, if, /report was done with
incriminating information. Without that, likely nothing will happen
beyond his reputation being ruined. I would suggest posting on a Bertox
specific board, if there is such a thing, as the number of people who
frequent this newsgroup is rather low now, and the number of them that
play on Bertox is small.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:35:43 -0600, EQ4ewe <spam@private.org> wrote:

>So no sash for me and positive reinforcement for negative
>behaviour by Soe.

Well, give them a bit of time first, heh. I'm sure your petition
isn't the only one they have :)

Sure was scumbag behaviour though. I hate ninja looters.

Palindrome

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,rec.games.computer.everquest (More info?)

On 22 Mar 2005 17:22:32 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>It is possible that GMs might do something, if, /report was done with
>incriminating information.

The infor they wanted in the report was him admitting he stole the
item. Can you say "not gonna happen"?

> Without that, likely nothing will happen beyond his reputation being ruined.

For what I ws told AFTER the inccident they had a previous rep for
this kind of thing. No one told me, not that I asked thought.

> I would suggest posting on a Bertox specific board, if there is such a thing,
> as the number of people who frequent this newsgroup is rather low now,
> and the number of them that play on Bertox is small.

That was suggested to me. I went to check it out and 2 people were
posting under the characters name, one was slightly altered. That was
on www.berthall.com. Needless to say they weren't praising me :/

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:29:47 +0000, Palindrome
<damon-nomad@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Well, give them a bit of time first, heh. I'm sure your petition
>isn't the only one they have :)

They answered my /petitions on the day it happened and the day after.
That to me said they were aware of the problem. I had to make a
further problem to get them to understand the seriousness of it.

I eventually got the item back But pissed off the PoK. Luckily the
raid leader and another group member were on when the gms contacted
me. Boy where the ninjalooters friends pissed. Came into pok and
started shouting at how I was a crybaby and I didn't deserve the item
cause I couldn't solo the mob myself. Nevermind the fact the nl
couldn't either. Or I was there almost 3x as long as the nl.