NINJAS in Ultima Online????

Is anyone else who is an Ultima enthusiast see this as a perversion of
Ultima?

My GOODNESS people!!!???

I was going to play again, 'til I saw this...

It's a wonderful concept, with a wonderful interface, and a ... Well... I
shant be playing it again...

DJM

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:31:27 GMT, "Daniel J. Morlan"
<dmorlanderschpammtrapp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Is anyone else who is an Ultima enthusiast see this as a perversion of
>Ultima?
>
>My GOODNESS people!!!???
>
>I was going to play again, 'til I saw this...
>
>It's a wonderful concept, with a wonderful interface, and a ... Well... I
>shant be playing it again...
>
>DJM

It is a bit annoying that their isn't more pure Ultima stuff in this
expansion but with Savage Empire and Martian Dreams and Pagan there really
isn't a huge limit to the scope of Ultima. Remember, even in the first
Ultima we flew rocketships into outer space.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Daniel J. Morlan" <dmorlanderschpammtrapp@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Is anyone else who is an Ultima enthusiast see this as a perversion of
> Ultima?
>
> My GOODNESS people!!!???
>
> I was going to play again, 'til I saw this...
>
> It's a wonderful concept, with a wonderful interface, and a ... Well... I
> shant be playing it again...
>
> DJM

Ultima 5 and Ultima 1 had Asian stuff in it. It fits Ultima just as well as,
say, Exodus Overlords.

(Besides, no one complained about Katanas since day 1 :p)
--
psz

On 05 nov 2004 Daniel J. Morlan was heard to say:

> Is anyone else who is an Ultima enthusiast see this as a
> perversion of Ultima?

Well, in Ultima 1 there was references to the isles of the
Feudal Lords.. so in a way it is only fitting, after we have
gained access to so much other land, that we now find our
way to those Isles and see what their culture has to offer
ours.

--
John Hinge - shayera / .sPOOn. http://www.spoon.dvd-klub.dk
On usenet I represent no one but myself.

>> Is anyone else who is an Ultima enthusiast see this as a perversion of
>> Ultima?
>>
>> My GOODNESS people!!!???
>>
>> I was going to play again, 'til I saw this...
>>
>> It's a wonderful concept, with a wonderful interface, and a ... Well...
>> I shant be playing it again...
>>
> Your loss. It also depends how you perceive ninjas. If you're picturing 4
> turtles (and you just KNOW 4 idiots are going to make a guild along those
> lines somewhere), then I agree -

ROFLMMFAO!!! Never thought of that but damn does it sound fun. Why did you
have to spoil it for the rest of us? should have done it your self and see
how far it would have went. You may have went legendary in UO literially.
You never know.

Sticky_314

"Daniel J. Morlan" <dmorlanderschpammtrapp@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Is anyone else who is an Ultima enthusiast see this as a perversion of
> Ultima?
>
> My GOODNESS people!!!???

It is pathetic. Which is why I quit.

Anyone want my stuff?

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

"Alergic Alchemist" <allyTchemist@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Also, any knight found riding around medieval Britain wearing a kimono would
>have received some VERY funny looks, and found himself challenged to more
>fights than he could cope with.

Probably not, as medieval knights didn't ride around challenging each
other to fights.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Alergic Alchemist" <allyTchemist@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Also, any knight found riding around medieval Britain wearing a kimono
>>would
>>have received some VERY funny looks, and found himself challenged to more
>>fights than he could cope with.
>
> Probably not, as medieval knights didn't ride around challenging each
> other to fights.

True, but they didn't ride around in kimonos either - so we'll never know...