Nintendo 3DS Gets the Teardown Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]These teardowns are all pretty neat[/citation]
yes they are neat, but when there is no attached prices of the product, it's kinda meaningless... how much does it cost nintendo to make it? cause i feel like they are ripping the customers off with this one

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]yes they are neat, but when there is no attached prices of the product, it's kinda meaningless... how much does it cost nintendo to make it? cause i feel like they are ripping the customers off with this one[/citation]

i think that allot of it is going to r&d cost of the 3d screen. it probably costs 1-150$ to make.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]yes they are neat, but when there is no attached prices of the product, it's kinda meaningless... how much does it cost nintendo to make it? cause i feel like they are ripping the customers off with this one[/citation]
I wouldn't be surprised when they release it commercially in America it wouldn't be at a cost of 199$ for consumers by then.

lazymangaka

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
[citation][nom]dalta centauri[/nom]I wouldn't be surprised when they release it commercially in America it wouldn't be at a cost of 199$ for consumers by then.[/citation]
I'd be astounded if you weren't horribly incorrect about that one. If Nintendo is making more than a few bucks off of each of these I'll eat my DS Phat.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
What it costs to make has nothing to do with retail price. They'll charge whatever meets the supply and demand necessities and fits in competitively with similar devices. Take an Economics class.

[citation][nom]dalta centauri[/nom]I wouldn't be surprised when they release it commercially in America it wouldn't be at a cost of 199$ for consumers by then.[/citation]

It's $249 preordered BTW, don't expect any other price.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]What it costs to make has nothing to do with retail price. They'll charge whatever meets the supply and demand necessities and fits in competitively with similar devices. Take an Economics class.It's $249 preordered BTW, don't expect any other price.[/citation]

Well sort of. Gamestop is offering trade in offers if you already own a DS Lite or above.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

Well I hope your not a Macbook/Macbook Pro/ Mac products in general owner, because that would be an eye opener for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.