Nintendo 3DS XL Arriving in UK On July 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
selling this handheld without the charger in europe is definitely an FU to buyers. Not all of the new 3ds adopters have had a DS. And selling it at a certain price point and then telling them they have to buy a charger separately to play it IS false marketing(in a way). you dont tell people "you get this amazing console for the low price of EUxxx" to then tell them "to use it you have to buy this other thing". thats just low of nintendo.

G

Very good idea not to include charger as most people indeed already have too many of those

G

The 3DSXL will come with a bigger battery, however the bigger screens will probably level off that benefit.

I dont mean to be a douche, but you can just probably order a 3DSXL from the US site and get the charger. And aftermarket chargers are like 4 bucks tops, so really not a huge deal. It is kind of dumb that you have to go to the trouble for your own charger, but hey, Nintendo is nintendo.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Nintendo needs to focus on content rather than coming out with a new rehash of the console so quickly. They need more downloadable stuff, lower prices across the board, and more first and third party titles. I think they are jumping the gun too much on this console and the Wii U. The Wii U could wait. People are going to be waiting to see what Microsoft comes up with and also know the given track record from Nintendo means that the Nintendo console won't be as powerful as the rest. Sure Miyamato you can keep trying to tell gamers that it is the gameplay that matters (which is entirely 100% true and I agree with you) but most people are brainwashed about graphics and want the best graphics display even if they sacrifice quality of games. I commend Nintendo for bringing quality titles but they should stick with tried and true Japanese business practices that have afforded them a large bank account in the first place.

Nintendo used to piss me off with their high priced consoles and games (I'm saying high as in when you are a kid you don't have $50 to spend on each game, when EVERY game costs 50 bucks) but they knew what they were doing so they could amass a fortune. These days they are trying to go out of their way to jump out with new products too quickly and their Asian investors really do not like it.

So I could expect that investors would agree that there should be more content and less emphasis on kicking out new hardware in droves every few months.

But I degress.... (nintendo DSi XL anyone remember it? and DSi with its suckage online content for purchase.. does nintendo know how to run an eshop? not really)

ritty666

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
After a cheap 3DS XL?

If you are new to Zavvi make an account with referrer code ZV15625875 to get 5% off making it £159.55

If you buy it after the day of release as well you can use code CONSOLE at checkout to receive another £5.95 making it less than £155

G

@Spanky Deluxe
GBA resolution: 240 x 160 pixels
3DS resolution: 800 x 240 pixels (400 x 240 PER EYE)

"In the age of info at your fingertips, ignorance is a choice." Either you didn't know or you're trying to increase the hate on Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.