Nintendo 3DS XL Now on Sale in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I think its a nice thought. Its aimed at us older 80's gamers who had both Atari and Nintendo at home now have bad eye site and staring to approach middle age.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I wish to own a 3DS but I will wait until they finally decide to add the second stick. I don't even mind the fact the accessory required is more money. My issue is that I don't want something that takes batteries other than the handheld's own. Until that analog stick becomes native I will pass on the 3DS.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
If given the choice, I'd rather take the original 3DS. Isn't portability the whole point of a portable game system? The only advantage the XL has are the larger screens, and that in itself packs a whole list of disadvantages for me. Bulkier, heavier, lower pixel density, and otherwise exactly the same performance and features for a higher price.

G

Its all well and good having a nice shiny new thing, but I want to keep it that way. I cannot find a case for it or screen protectors.

gopher1369

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
" Isn't portability the whole point of a portable game system?"

Not for me, for me it's the possibility to play games whilst the wife is watching TV + let's me take my games to bed with me.

"The only advantage the XL has are the larger screens"

...and more comfortable to hold and matte (non smudge) finish and longer battery life and it plays DS and DSi games better and better positioning of the stylus and better positioning of the wifi indicator and better hinge (you can now open the screen to 3 different angles, not just open or shut) and bigger supplied SD card and better 3D effect.

So, yeah, a few advantages!

arkhangelo

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
gopher got just right!

Just because it doesn't fit inside peoples' skinny jeans doesn't make it not portable. Current owner of a DS XL, I will definitely be getting this newer version. Current games will look that much better with a bigger screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.