Nintendo Carrying Its Load Alone, Announces 14 Titles At E3 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nintendo E3 event was great. The beginning with the president and other executives of Nintendo being puppets was great and comical. Star Fox looks like a great game which I cannot wait to get my hands on. Unfortunately, the only Metroid game coming is for 3DS not Wii U, and the Animal Crossing games do not look very good (house designer and board game - what were they thinking). I am also very interested in Mario Maker. It will definitely trump all 2D mario games and also make them void for the future. I am also interested in Fire Emblem and Xeno Chronicles.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Why is it when I look at that StarFox 0 screen I have a sudden flash to 5 Nights at Freddy's? The StarFox characters look too much like animatronic puppets to me (just not looking all decayed and run down like the FNaF animatronics).

Giroro

Splendid
Why is it when I look at that StarFox 0 screen I have a sudden flash to 5 Nights at Freddy's? The StarFox characters look too much like animatronic puppets to me (just not looking all decayed and run down like the FNaF animatronics).

Because I think the Star Fox picture is of actual bad puppets.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
N00b question here, why doesn't Nintendo simply come with a controller in addition to what it has now (something like an XBONE controller) so all the same games can be played the same way they are played on other consoles.

If Wii offered exactly the same AAA names as PS4 and XBOX one it would be a great console because it has pretty darn good exclusives.

g-unit1111

Titan
Nintendo should just pull a Sega and give up the hardware business entirely. Their consoles are pretty much just a niche market now. If they spent their time converting legacy titles to Android and iOS like Mario 64, all the older Mario games, and all the Zelda games, you know how much money they could make off that alone?

It does, the Wii U Pro Controller http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-Pro-Controller-Black/dp/B009AFLXQQ

Nintendo should just pull a Sega and give up the hardware business entirely. Their consoles are pretty much just a niche market now. If they spent their time converting legacy titles to Android and iOS like Mario 64, all the older Mario games, and all the Zelda games, you know how much money they could make off that alone?
Preach on brother!
I agree 100%

festerovic

Distinguished
People don't buy nintendo systems for 3rd party games, they buy them for 1st party games. Nintendo's entire history for every one of their consoles has been the same handful of franchises since NES days. Not knocking it, its reality. I think there are enough people who want those titles to support their lower cost systems going into the future.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah it sucks - the only way to play nostalgic Nintendo games is with the original console, and emulators can only go so far. And nobody over 10 wants to be seen in public with a Nintendo DS. :lol:

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015

Not if you are a casual gamer or have kids at home. Kids under 10 LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE the whole system and the type of games.

Nintendo will never ditch gaming consoles. Nintendo's next console is codenamed NX and there is much speculation that they are somehow going to finally revolutionize the combination of mobile and console gaming. Nintendo is definitely better than Sony and Microsoft because they have more exclusive games. Look at Zelda - a Skyrim competitor. Who does not still play Super Smash Bros. And who does not prefer Mario Kart to any other racing game? Nintendo really has the largest namount of original 1st party titles than any other company.

I'm serious. The only things that seem to come out for PC/Xbox/PS4 are just FPS games, city killing games, and a few others. Nintendo has Star Fox, Picmin, Zelda, Super Mario Bros (and associated 3D and 2D platformers), Metroid (which Halo copied), Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and more. I am not "under 10", I am far over 10 and play Nintendo daily. I will always be a die-hard Nintendo fan because they actually create unique content. Also, this downvoting system sucks (my first post) as the downvoter probably is not even a Nintendo knowledgable fan nor did they watch the video.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I bought WiiU mainly for Donkey Kong and New Mario Bros WiiU, why cant they make more of them.. Not to purposely forget other great games on the Wii but those are my favorite and will be happy just knowing there's a chance for more sequels on the same console without needing to buy a whole new system just for their flag ship games...

"Look at Zelda - a Skyrim competitor."
LOL, he's got jokes!

"Metroid (which Halo copied)"
HAHAHAHA!!! SEE I TOLD YOU HE'S FUNNY!!

Facts:
Halo Day 1 - November 15, 2001
Metroid Prime - November 17, 2002
Before Metroid Prime there was no 3D version first person version. So, how was it copied if Halo came out first?

"Who does not still play Super Smash Bros."
Ummm everyone except you I guess... I can honestly say I haven't met anyone that still plays it.
That game was extremely frustrating single player and fun with friends if they are over. But I don't have adult friends that like to come over and play Nintendo so haven't played it since the GameCube was a relevant system back when I was in college.

"...And who does not prefer Mario Kart to any other racing game?"
While Mario Kart is very fun and great multiplayer, I prefer Need for Speed and Forza for a more intense sense of speed and racing action.

At least someone is drinking the company juice.
"Not I" says most people, your assumptions are wrong...

Love their software, sick of buying consoles just for their games.
But I understand... I was a Nintendo fan until about the Nintendo 64. When FF7 came out I stopped playing my N64 and haven't been a big fan since but still got each console up until the most recent one. (Wii U)

They are not assumptions, opinions, just like yours. Halo still is copied off Metroid. Look at the similarities in Master Chief and Samus. As well as weapons, enemies. It's all right there. I think you took my post way too specifically. Nintendo offers games that can only be played on their console, and their games are generally more original and unique. As for Zelda, it certainly is a Skyrim competitor. It's the Nintendo competitor to it. Saying "LOL he's got jokes" really does not portray a proper counter argument.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

The map, side puzzles and short games along with loads of already quality made levels, i think not. Will be similar to LBP and me.com, there will be good levels to be shared, sure. Wont be for me, but guess it depends what you want, do you want to keep playing single maps or a whole game.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

That game looked so... Weird. I didn't know what I was watching.
From what I can tell, it's sort of a Pokemon meets Monster Hunter, with a bit of an anime vibe to it. I'm sort of interested simply because of the massive success it's had in Japan, but I'm not overly hyped for it.

Nintendo has already sold over 50 million 3DS systems this generation, and the device is continuing to sell quite well, so I would hardly call that "niche". In the same market, we can contrast that with Sony's Vita, which has been selling just as slowly as the Wii U. Should Sony also get out of the Hardware business just because one of their current gaming devices hasn't been selling well? Just because Nintendo may have made some misjudgements with the Wii U doesn't mean they always make mistakes with their hardware.

And unlike Nintendo, SEGA was in a rough financial state when they dropped out of the hardware business. Nintendo is still a healthy company with billions of dollars on hand, and they can clearly afford to continue making hardware.

burkhartmj

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

I can't speak to Samus v Master Chief because I don't play either franchise, but you lost me at the idea that Nintendo designs games that can only run on their consoles. From a game design perspective most of Ninty's most iconic games work best with a traditional controller [which the controller tends to be the only thing unique to their consoles other than being woefully weak]. Nintendo is pulling the same exclusives BS that the other console makers are but it's ALL of their IP's and forever.

I'd also say outside of maybe Zelda, their IP's tend to be rehashes of old ideas from previous games in the franchise with a few gameplay tweaks thrown in to hopefully keep the Nintendo faithful from complaining. I used to be a Nintendo faithful [every single major handheld generation since the OG Gameboy, and was a huge fan of the N64], but they lost me with the Wii.

Zelda is NOT a Skyrim competitor. Just because it's the closest that Nintendo has to Skyrim does not put it in the same class or even the same genre as Skyrim. While being one of their deeper franchises, it doesn't even hold a candle to the Elder Scrolls meta-narrative or individual game plots, and the gameplay and world in general isn't nearly as open or diverse. That why the previous commenter said it was a joke, because comparing the 2 is so unfair to Zelda as to not even make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS