Nintendo "Experimenting" with Apps for Tablets, Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i THIRD that. seriously, it's a market you can only grow in and it mostly likely would only help the company. pc gamers purchase consoles still, but i bet they aren't making much off that wii u anyway...HD LINK

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's so weird how I see a sensationalist title and already know Kevin wrote it. Since when did "gamers" start considering mobile actual games? Nintendo releasing their titles for other systems would be incredibly shortsighted. Exclusivity protects the IPs and still guarantees them hardware sales. Listening to investors is a good way to run it into the ground, those pigs just like to play games with the stock. Who do you think wanted the Wii U to look and act like Wii instead of being a "hardcore" machine? Don't become Sega or Squeenix, those ships are sinking fast.

seinfeld

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
console creators. need to embrace the smartphone and tablet market. as well as PC. if sony and microsoft provided me with a PCI-E x4 with the necessary hardware to decode the games and run them on my windows machine (or a new O/S) which ever they want to do. Id be more then happy to pay $200 for the hardware + the cost of games. now that its X86/64 technology there shouldnt be any reason to not do it. they would increase their sales and reduce build demand on their own systems. its win win!

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
$ 59.99 For Digital down Loads is a Rip Off. People please I beg you don't pay it, a new Game Digital down load should cost no more than $ 44.00. We have to make them understand that over charging for digital down loads is unacceptable.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's so weird how I see a sensationalist title and already know Kevin wrote it. Since when did "gamers" start considering mobile actual games? Nintendo releasing their titles for other systems would be incredibly shortsighted. Exclusivity protects the IPs and still guarantees them hardware sales. Listening to investors is a good way to run it into the ground, those pigs just like to play games with the stock. Who do you think wanted the Wii U to look and act like Wii instead of being a "hardcore" machine? Don't become Sega or Squeenix, those ships are sinking fast.

whoeverdontcare

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Fuck a Nintendo "app". Stick with your hardware, Nintendo. While the other guys are doing gaming just for kicks, you are a real gaming-only company. show these dbags what you got. Screw an app. These cellphones and tablets crash all the time. My Wii, SNES, etc. never had those problems. You saved video gaming, Nintendo. You can do it again! Mobile gaming sucks.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Hardware and Games for the computer! Leave the console behind. Take the next step.

Mobile: most people already have emulators and your games running on them anyway.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Nintendo will disappear if they're not careful. Their stock has fallen continually for the last 3 years to 1/3rd of its former value.

Nintendo should make a controller for the iPhone. The Moga and Logitech controllers are average at best so Nintendo is in the perfect position to release a fantastic controller that works with their games.

Then release iOS versions of their games and watch the money roll in from both hardware and software sales.

The App Store already dwarfs all of Nintendo in terms of revenue. There are 600 million iOS device owners and I'm sure Nintendo could grab a significant number of them to sell to.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
If they insist on having their own hardware, why don't they release a bluetooth-enabled controller for smartphones which has a game-pack slot in it? Maybe one for original Gameboy/colour, one for Gameboy Advance, etc... and have emulator software reading the pack via bluetooth on the phone.

Converting phones into 'genuine' Ninetendo gaming systems, they can control the experience via their own software and controller hardware and original game packs.

I would be all for that. I would also be all for it supporting a Nintendo app-store from which you can buy games to play on your phone/controller combo in case you don't have the game packs.

Could do the same for PC, except maybe USB connectivity. Could even have a console-lookalike. Imagine something that resembles an N64/NES which plugs in with USB, reads the cartridges, and works with the original controllers.

But watered-down experiences and marketing apps are going to do next to nothing in comparison. I don't even own any Nintendo gear now except for an ancient Gameboy. I won't be buying a Wii U, least of all because of an rubbish app where there's "some element of gameplay – a movement, a shaking, something like that."

bboiprfsr

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
i have a better idea. How about Nintendo make an internal Android subscription-based software, like netflix (or xbox live) - that way they can profit. As for playing best on their devices, ... they can invest in accessories or hardware add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.