Nintendo Focusing on Wii U Games; No More Wii Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Were there any first party Gamecube games while the Wii was out on retail? Or N64 games while the gamecube was out? Seems pretty normal to me.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Why would Nintendo cannibalize it's Wii U by continuing to support the original Wii?

[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]Were there any first party Gamecube games while the Wii was out on retail? Or N64 games while the gamecube was out? Seems pretty normal to me.[/citation]

And don't forget about Microsoft shutting down the Xbox Live service for the original Xbox (and a handful of Halo 2 players who resisted it by keeping their consoles on and connected as long as possible).

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
When asked whether Nintendo had anything in the works for the Wii, he responded, "No, there are not right now."

Which only means non games from Nintendo, 3rd party developers *may* still make games for the Wii. Although lets face it, there haven't been any decent Wii games in a while.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This doesn't mean any 3rd party titles won't be released for it so it's not all doom and gloom. Besides the Wii is quite aged now and the transition is completely normal. A bit faster than what we are use to but then again consoles usually doesn't take 6-7 years for a successor to come.

Sadly, it might be time to trade in your Wiis or shelf them, and welcome a new Wii U-only era of Nintendo.

This is just terrible and wasteful thinking. Not everyone with a Wii can afford a Wii U right away, and further more just because a console is no longer supported doesn't mean it stops being entertaining.
There are millions of people who still actively play older games on dated consoles or dated PC games on their native platform. You're attitude here is of extreme consumerism to a unhealthy extent.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (PS2) by Konami (Released October 26, 2012)

Sony's last release for the PS2 was 2011 "MLB 11: The Show"

Last notable first party game by Sony "Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier" from 2009, port of PSP game. May be wrong about last "notable", correct me if I am wrong.

Nintendo does not have the best history supporting last gen home consoles after the new ones comes out, at least in the US. In Japan where Famicom console (NES's japanese name) was being produced until 2003 and got games until 1994. The Super Famicom (SNES) got 1st party games well into 1998 and 3rd party ones until 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.