Nintendo is gearing up to drop some major news

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=7cbb6659-fb9a-481e-996f-bc0ba9363e16&page=newsmain

May 07, 2004

A video game player's dream!

In the video game biz, E3 is synonymous with excitement. The annual
Electronic Entertainment Expo is where video game companies unveil
their biggest games for the coming year, and this year Nintendo is
gearing up to drop some major news that is guaranteed to get you hyped
for what's to come.
E3 2004 is taking place May 12 - 14 at the Los Angeles Convention
Center in California. The expo is a trade-only event, so unless you
work in the video game industry you should plan on getting all of your
E3 news right here at nintendo.com. We'll be providing complete
coverage of the hottest games and hardware in Nintendo's booth, and
you'll be able to catch a glimpse of all the action through our
webcams placed high above the showroom floor.

Our coverage begins on Tuesday, May 11, where we'll break early news
about Nintendo's key products. On Wednesday, May 12, we'll add
information about all or our publishing partner's titles. We'll have
reports from the show, developer interviews and lots more.

Don't miss a thing -- stay tuned to nintendo.com for complete coverage
of Nintendo at E3.

On 8 May 2004 19:08:16 -0700, radeonr420@yahoo.com (R420) wrote:

>http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=7cbb6659-fb9a-481e-996f-bc0ba9363e16&page=newsmain
>
>May 07, 2004
>
>A video game player's dream!
>
>In the video game biz, E3 is synonymous with excitement. The annual
>Electronic Entertainment Expo is where video game companies unveil
>their biggest games for the coming year, and this year Nintendo is
>gearing up to drop some major news that is guaranteed to get you hyped
>for what's to come.
>E3 2004 is taking place May 12 - 14 at the Los Angeles Convention
>Center in California. The expo is a trade-only event, so unless you
>work in the video game industry you should plan on getting all of your
>E3 news right here at nintendo.com. We'll be providing complete
>coverage of the hottest games and hardware in Nintendo's booth, and
>you'll be able to catch a glimpse of all the action through our
>webcams placed high above the showroom floor.
>
>Our coverage begins on Tuesday, May 11, where we'll break early news
>about Nintendo's key products. On Wednesday, May 12, we'll add
>information about all or our publishing partner's titles. We'll have
>reports from the show, developer interviews and lots more.
>
>Don't miss a thing -- stay tuned to nintendo.com for complete coverage
>of Nintendo at E3.

But is it Megaton news? Sega's got their Segaton announcement too :p

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

Miyamoto to resign? Heheheh

Ron

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

> A video game player's dream!

Nintendo to release games in Europe at the same time as in Japan and the
States? Cross-platform games to arrive on the Gamecube at the same time as
the Xbox/PS2 versions?

Seriously these two issues continue to **** me off mightily. Of course we
*can* import some titles (I finished Mario Golf months and months ago), but
that's far from ideal. Of couse optimisation for each machine, or
translation into Europese might take a bit longer, but Nintendo have been
taking the **** for too long now.

If there's one factor that is likely to drive me away from buying into
future Nintendo systems, it's this one. Unwarranted, uneccessary and
overlong delays caused by the fact that some Nintendo marketting suit thinks
I've got enough games already and can wait for 9 months for the latest
decent game.