Nintendo just screwed sony badly...

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Oh yeah, i was looking at IGN. Resident Evil 4 is Gamecube only no PS2 or DC ports. Good news for me since i have a game cube prepaid. Sony PS2 fans aren't happy since the Cube is getter R.E. 0 and R.E. 4, Also there there remaking RE 1, 2, 3, and Code Veronica. Well here are some links and look at the R.E. 1 pics stunning !!!

Resident Evil 1 remake in March 22, 2002. Pics are on this page too:
<A HREF="http://cube.ign.com/news/38266.html" target="_new">http://cube.ign.com/news/38266.html</A>

Capcom Brings the Evil to Cube
<A HREF="http://cube.ign.com/news/38267.html" target="_new">http://cube.ign.com/news/38267.html</A>

from the page:
The company further noted: "Because we don't want to force our users to have to buy many systems to play the Biohazard games, we've decided to focus on one console: GameCube."
This means nintendo has a key player in the markets willing to R.E. only for gamecube.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

My god, do people still play consoles? I gave one to my kid brother for his birthday.

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well i have them i only get a couple title. 90% of my games are PC anyways but games like Resident Evil series and FF series i have to get conole.

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
final fantasy definietely... and nintendo did sign that thing with square... so the ff series is coming to game cube...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Few things.

I come from console land, I only got into computers and games a few years ago, first off I would like to say right on rcf, It is good to see another nintendo fan out there. (I have been a nintendo fan since 1989, all true nintendo fans hate sega ;-). Secondly, square and nintendo are at war, there will most likely NEVER be another final fantasy for a nintendo console. Enix, makers of the dragon warrior series(best rpg series of all time) will most likely release dragon warrior 8 for the gamecube, which will do wonders for its success.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
I am soooo sick of Resident Evil. I was ready for them to be done with the series after the second one on the Playstation. I don't think most of us here really care about the console market, as the majority of us are computer gamers. The X-box and the Gamecube both look moderately interesting, but I'd rather spend my money on computer games and anime imports.

But hey, for those who like RE and Nintendo, I guess this is a good thing for them. I used to be a big Squaresoft supporter myself until they started making crap RPG's like FF7, 8, and 9. FF X looks to be the worst pile of crap they've ever released. Maybe one day they'll get back to making good RPGs, like FF4 or 6.

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I dont really like sony alot. There bad for business. Xbox is going to suck so they cant buy nintendo at its weaken state. Then it would be just Sony bad for business. Well i hope some more MegaMan "Old School 2d" and Street Fighter "Coming for GB also" comes for Gamecube too.

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
The US released Final Fantasy 2 and Final Fantasy 3 were actually Final Fantasy 4 and Final Fantasy 6. The US just never got FF2, 3, and 5. I've played a hacked FF3 with english translation on an emulator, was definately a good game for only being 8bit. Tried playing 8bit FF2, but it was damn hard.

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, it seems the war between them is at end because they have signed a deal meaning that future final fantasies will be released on the gamecube... ive loved the final fantasy series throughout though have never considered buying a playstation (had to pass 8 and 9 on my friends') mystic quest and a few before that being on nintendo gameboy, nes and snes...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Nintendo is NOT in a weakened state, they made 200+ million dollars last year FROM POKEMON ALONE! GBA sales are through the roof, nintendo could release a bombing console every generation forever and it will still be in heavy profit.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Killall, Not that I think you are lying, but I would really like some linkage on that story. I have a hard time believing that square and nintendo have buried the hatchet.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

Ig88

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2001
It is indeed know that Square and Nintendo have been feuding for several years now. And now you say that they have signed an agreement to end this? You are the first and only person I have heard bout this news from, so what is your source for this information? I'd like to see it myself if this is infact a true claim.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
i think capcom could revive Breath of Fire for the cube to battle square for top RPG. Well BOH 4 sux alot i hope they would make a BOH5 to make it up.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Dragon warrior series rcf, best rpg series of all time is almost certain top be gc exclusive. Things are looking up for Nintendo. PLus, the FF series has sucked ever since ff7, they sold out and MANY hardcore rpg fans dont like them anymore for it.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

G

hey what we need is a new phantsy star..... we all know those were the best rpgs ever and they were made by sega the last true game company

Rop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
rcf,

Dont forget that GameCube will have one of the best games (if not THE BEST) ever for a console, METROID!
That is the main reason i will buy a GameCube for :)

Rop

Why do I use LINUX ? Cause its the BEST OS
Why do I use Windows? Cause its the BEST Nintendo..

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, After FF7 square just faded anyway in my views. Chrono Cross did like up in my views. Chrono trigger is a much better game then Chrono Cross. Well i hope BOF5 comes to GC. BOF4 was suck a lemon i didnt like it at all.