Question Nintendo Pro controller issues

May 2, 2021
TLDR: Nintendo pro controller worked on steam , wanted it to work out of steam now it doesnt work with pc , controller still works otherwise.

Hey im having a lot of trouble with my Nintendo Pro controller, at the time I'm making this post the controller is not detected by the computer .
The thing works as it does the beep sound as i plug it in but "usb controller devices" - Cemu - Steam cant locate it , as if it wasnt even plugged in ?
My pro controller is an original controller which works fine , and still connects to the switch no problem.
Im trying to get it to work with games outside of steam (and now steam aswell as it doesnt recognize it anymore)

When i tried to use it at first i just plugged it in and checked on usb controller device , it was going haywire inputting many inputs at once altough i wasnt even touching the thing , then i remembered its malfunctioning unless you're playing on steam .
Cemu didnt work for me in the past so i opted for the content of this github :proconXInput (i can send link in the comments , wasnt sure if it was allowed or not)
Long story short this didnt work either - I deleted the content of this github and it either had over written code that allowed me to use it previously or i screwed up in other ways as since i noticed that the blue light on the pro controller doesnt even light up anymore.

I tried downloading cemu again but the controller still gives no sign of life .
How could i fix this? Is there a way for me to download the original nintendo pro controller drivers again?
I tried to look on google but i couldnt really find answers especially since most of the fixes required for the controller to be recognised by steam which it no longer is . thanks in advance for any reply and forgive me for my ignorance .

I recently found out that if i connect it to steam through bluetooth it works but even if i connect it through usb afterwards it doesnt get detected on the rest of my pc so i kinda fixed half of the problem albeit in the most scuffed way imaginable , I would appreciate any potential reply thanks before hand

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you follow through the steps outlined in these guides;
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-use-a-nintendo-switch-pro-controller-on-a-pc

I'd also ask you to see if reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers and making sure your BIOS for the motherboard are up to date. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your motherboard? Version for your OS, if you're on Windows 10? You should ideally be on version 20H2.

May 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you follow through the steps outlined in these guides;
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-use-a-nintendo-switch-pro-controller-on-a-pc

I'd also ask you to see if reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers and making sure your BIOS for the motherboard are up to date. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your motherboard? Version for your OS, if you're on Windows 10? You should ideally be on version 20H2.
Hey , im going to check out the guide u sent right away - i am on windows 10 ,my motherboard is from hp , it should be product 85F2 (im not quite sure if this answered your questions about the motherboard ,if i didnt say something you needed to know i'll look for a way to better answer you) - i tried to look into how i could reinstall drivers but i cant find a way to do so.
Thank you so much for trying to help me out