Nintendo Releases The NES Classic Edition, Sells Out Instantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroshima

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
A walmart store received only 12? Wtheck... is a chain of goods, supplies and consumer electronics for God's sake... 12 units??. D4mn......

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
>For most of us that means if we want to do some retro gaming, we will need to do it the old fashion way by digging the NES out of the closet and praying that blowing our lungs out makes the cartridges work.

If you're not blowing in a cartridge for the full nostalgic experience, you might as well just emulate on PC.

Whoa didn't know this was a thing. I want it now! It even has Balloon Fight! When my buddy visits we always go to his parents house and play that. Such an awesome game even today.

Not to mention the other classics such as Metroid and Mario 3. Zelda!

For real I need this.

You know, Nintendo doesn't need to release a new console, they could just re-release all their old consoles, just adding a HDMI output, and they would make a killing. People are already flogging them for ridiculous prices online.

That would actually be interesting to see, re-release all the consoles when the new one comes out and see which one sells best.

Scooter 30

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
I want one,but I don't see myself paying 200+ dollars for one. I'll just wait until I can find one at regular price.

urbanj

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
This is the problem with Bots buying out everything online, and retail stores allowing people to buy multiple units.

Nintendo, and every other manufacturer of popular items (that are resold for crazy mark ups) should be going after the re-sellers and fining their selfish @$$3$.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
This is bad comedy. Nintendo has had a history of this launch crap with little stock. I live and Canada. And Amazon.ca started selling them at 5pm EST yesterday. I got one added to my cart and checked out. Processed the order. Before they went out of stock, Which was a pain from the site crashing. Checked my email for tracking info this morning. And didn't receive one. Chatted to Amazon Customer Care. They told me that they couldn't fill my order because of stock shortage. They said they hope to have more stock this week. But I won't hold my breath. This is just retarded. Wait till the Switch launches next year. It'll probably be worst then this fiscal!!!!

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Looked at Amazon yesterday it had a 1 1/2 star review. People said the one controller had only a 2 foot cord. I agree with the one guy on Amazon who said why didnt Nintendo just make it wireless, that tech is cheap now. I mean why not they used new tech to shrink it and put all the games inside.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
For most of us that means if we want to do some retro gaming, we will need to do it the old fashion way by digging the NES out of the closet and praying that blowing our lungs out makes the cartridges work.

I know (or at least hope) that you're joking here, but please don't do this, people. Breath-moisture is murder on the contacts.

(Edit for spelling)

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Scalpers also hit Amazon. RetroPi is still my goto anyway. Amazingly easy to do, even if you have zero knowledge of Linux. Just have to know where to get the games *cough*. Pretty much plays any console game up to PS1/PSP. Hell, even the TRS-80 Color Computer & Model I's I grew up with has an emulation on RetroPi.

Though I'm an SNES and TurboGrafx16 nutjob

Yeah I even looked into this option, when I found that the NES edition wasn't available. I found that I could get a setup w/16 gb quick micro sd card for about $85-90 w/2 USB controllers, which to me is a bargain compared to the NES classic system. You get all of your favorite games on several systems (assuming you have the originals already).

Status
Not open for further replies.