Nintendo Space Fever - video sync?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Does anyone happen to know what monitor sync Nintendo's Space Fever
uses? Is it a 'standard' sync as used by many old raster games, or
does it use the same as many other Nintendo games?


Thanks
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I'm 99% sure it uses negative composite sync.

- Craig
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

max-man <max-man@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Does anyone happen to know what monitor sync Nintendo's Space Fever
: uses? Is it a 'standard' sync as used by many old raster games, or
: does it use the same as many other Nintendo games?

Nintendo games use standard negative composite sync.

The differences is that most of them put out negative VIDEO signals.


--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

On 04 Aug 2005 17:02:08 GMT, "Mark C. Spaeth"
<mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote:


>Nintendo games use standard negative composite sync.
>
>The differences is that most of them put out negative VIDEO signals.

I see. So do you happen to know if Space Fever also puts out negative
video signals?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Yes, it is negative (standard) sync, and negative (non-standard) video.

I have the board and it outputs inverted video, displays correctly on a
Playchoice system's monitor.

"max-man" <max-man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:42f284e0.897949140@news.freeserve.net...
> On 04 Aug 2005 17:02:08 GMT, "Mark C. Spaeth"
> <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>
>>Nintendo games use standard negative composite sync.
>>
>>The differences is that most of them put out negative VIDEO signals.
>
> I see. So do you happen to know if Space Fever also puts out negative
> video signals?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

On 4 Aug 2005 10:06:01 -0700, "Craig Yarbrough" <hyarbr01@harris.com>
wrote:

>I'm 99% sure it uses negative composite sync.
>

Thanks.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:26:02 -0500, "ANonEbaySeller"
<anon@ebayseller.com> wrote:

>Yes, it is negative (standard) sync, and negative (non-standard) video.
>
>I have the board and it outputs inverted video, displays correctly on a
>Playchoice system's monitor.

Thank you. I'm sure I've seen schematics for a video inverter for
Nintendo games, must try and find them again.
 

Similar threads