Question Nintendo Switch Pro controller not detected by Windows 11 ?

Jun 5, 2022
Hello, so basically I built a new pc and my NS Pro controller won't connect/by recognized by windows at all when plugged in via usb. Windows doesn't make a system sound and no notification pops up. If I go into device manager it doesn't show; devices and printers doesn't show it either. When plugged into the pc the charging light doesn't light up, however it does light up during post but as soon as windows is loaded it starts to flash then turns off. I've tried different cables and ports(I tried usb 2,3, and type C) and the same thing happens every time. I've been trying to troubleshot while searching the web for several hours now to no avail. I also downloaded USBLogView and it doesn't detect that anything is being plugged in/out. It does detect other peripherals.
Some of the stuff I've tried:
  • Checked windows updates/update drivers
  • Installed BetterJoyForCemu and installed the drivers. Uninstalled due to not working
  • Steam big picture. Steam also can't detect the controller
  • Did the trick of holding the sync button before plugging into pc. Saw on a few different thread that leaving it plugged in for a few hours randomly made it connect, hasn't worked for me yet
  • Updated chip set drivers
  • Made sure to disconnect the controller from the switch
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: MSI MPG b500 gaming plus
Ram: Corsair vengeance 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
SSD/HDD: Samsung Evo 970
GPU: Radeon 6750 xt
PSU: Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold
Chassis: Nzxt h510
Bios Version: E7C56AMS.190

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

While you're here, can you also check and see what your BIOS version for your motherboard is?

Jun 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

While you're here, can you also check and see what your BIOS version for your motherboard is?
I've updated my post with my specs