Question Nintendo Switch Wireless SNES Controller Doesn't work in Windows 11, but does on Android

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I got a friend who has a Switch to purchase 2 wireless SNES controllers because I read that they work on a Windows PC. The model on the back says HAC-042.

I charged them up first. I can pair the controllers to my PC via bluetooth, but the controllers don't work. I open the windows game controller settings in the control panel, and the controllers are listed there are "Wireless Controller". When I go to properties, it shows a screen that shows the live inputs from the controllers and none of the buttons or DPad show any activity.

The LEDs on the bottom have one green LED on. On one controller its the first LED, and on the other controller its the 2nd.

I tried running a few games, Super Meat Boy, and Bit Trip Runner, and neither recognized the controllers. Steam has a controller interface that does work though but that doesn't seem to translate to games.

I tried the controllers on an Nvidia shield, and they work great.

To me this sounds like a driver issue, but I can't seem to find those either.

Anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks!!

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can use this tool to make any controller, that shows up as xinput or directinput, be picked up as the xbox 360 controller so they will work with the known button mapping.
You can also change the mapping.
I'll give that a try! Thanks!

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can use this tool to make any controller, that shows up as xinput or directinput, be picked up as the xbox 360 controller so they will work with the known button mapping.
You can also change the mapping.
I downloaded and installed Gamepad Pheonix. The gamepad keys didn't register as any form of input. I also tried detecting the controller again (after unpairing) from the app itself, and it couldn't detect it.

The driver that is showing in device manager when connected via bluetooth is "Bluetooth Device" from Microsoft from 2006. It does show in the list of bluetooth devices as SNES Controller, but in the control panel for gamepad configuration, it shows as Wireless Controller.

Any more suggestions?
Thanks!!

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I downloaded and installed Gamepad Pheonix. The gamepad keys didn't register as any form of input. I also tried detecting the controller again (after unpairing) from the app itself, and it couldn't detect it.

The driver that is showing in device manager when connected via bluetooth is "Bluetooth Device" from Microsoft from 2006. It does show in the list of bluetooth devices as SNES Controller, but in the control panel for gamepad configuration, it shows as Wireless Controller.

Any more suggestions?
Thanks!!
I found another git repo for BetterJoy which was able to get them working!

TRENDING THREADS