Nintendo Working on YouTube Affiliate Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Lol @ Nintendo, funding a way to gouge the people that already bought their games, as it isn't bad enough that more PS4s have sold than WiiUs. I guess the "Let's Play" crowd will either move to twitch or Vimeo over time.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Youtube is free advertising and they want their advertisers to pay them? That is so backwards. Many people buy games now after seeing them on youtube and they are losing out on sales because of this. I always check reviews and some game play footage on youtube before buying.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Youtube is free advertising and they want their advertisers to pay them? That is so backwards. Many people buy games now after seeing them on youtube and they are losing out on sales because of this. I always check reviews and some game play footage on youtube before buying.

Watch, next press release, Nintendo will be charging their employees for the priviledge of working on their games.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
@Jaoompp - Youtube brought Twitch so Vimeo is the only place left for the Lets Play crowd to go to.

Nintendo is becoming more and more like apple every day. Honestly I only buy Nintendo systems and this generation was the only generation I did not buy their system. After what I saw happened to the Wii I refuse to buy another system until they get their shit in order. Releasing ground breaking games at the end of the systems life was the last straw for me. Where is my Zelda?! Where is my Metroid?! Where is my Mario Kart?! Where are my JRPG titles?! Xenoblabe, Last Story and Pandora's Tower officially made me think twice about Nintendo after I waited for those games to come to the US. Waiting till the system is almost dead to release such wonderful games was so sad!!

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Nintendo should go the way of Sega. SOFTWARE. Just port Mario and Zelda to Xbone, PS4 and Steam. Then kill your hardware line.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Nintendo should go the way of Sega. SOFTWARE. Just port Mario and Zelda to Xbone, PS4 and Steam. Then kill your hardware line.
I think that they will eventually. They might try 1 more console push after Wii U or they might throw in the towel.

I think consoles in general will be replaced by android tablets/phones/consoles for the next generation considering it's all ready getting to that point now. There will defiantly be a point where they'll be considered "good enough" to gamers and developers to replace brand name specific consoles. Hell the Tegra K1 is probably relatively close to as a powerful as the Wii U in terms of hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.