Nintendo's $100 Wii Mini Coming to U.S. This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Only bought a Wii (second hand for fifty bucks with a couple of wii-motes) to play Super Smash brothers, and wouldn't you know it, my kids drop it 1.5 feet onto hardwood floor and the disc drive goes right to shit. You could drop a N64 off the roof of a house onto concrete and it would be like "lol as if I give a fuck"

Yea I know that's not a QC issue and has much more to do with the technology behind it, but still, considering who Big N is catering to, you'd think they would make it as sturdy as the GCN was. I guess I can still play VC games on it, but most of them are overpriced (sure, i'm going to pay 5 bucks for Super Mario Bros, I only have 5 other copies lying around my house)

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I agree with Night. Why get this when the Wii is just a tad more and you get all the features. Backwards compatibility, and the Nintendo game store were very nice to have access to. They had a lot of old games I liked playing again.

Vigilence

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
I fear Nintendo will go the way of the Sega Dreamcast if they don't get their shit together and finally release a nextgen system when its actually supposed to be released, not 1 or 2 generations behind the current systems.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
My gamecube still works. Not the greatest and latest but technology-wise it's still like the Wii. Love the black cube shape.

The Wii Mini probably by good for the low end who don't want anything extra. But how much does it cost to have WiFi? $3?

chosen12k6

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I think this is more catered to collectors, generally Nintendo has release a mini version of most of their consoles. They have gone on to be the most valuable, Nintendo NES Top loader, Super Nintendo Mini, are both valued at least $80 more than there first iteration counterparts. It is because they release these minature systems in limited quanitity. I assume they skipped doing this to the N64 because they were a little behind or too focused on the gamecube. The game cube was already extremely small in comparison to the PS2 and Xbox. I personally will purchase one it is only $100 since they will probably do what they did with the red console and only release it for the holiday season and then Wii's will soon cease production. Making this a pretty sold collector's item.

Status
Not open for further replies.